cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel DC S3700 with Intel firmware and one with HP firmware in RAID 0

VHunj
New Contributor

I tried to install Intel's latest firmware to HP branded drive, but it says that firmware is up to date.

Is there a way to install Intel firmware on drive since i"ll be using them in RAID 0 and don't want to have issues due to different firmwares?

5 REPLIES 5

Allan_J_Intel1
New Contributor II

Thanks for coming back to SSD community.

I am currently researching on this issue. As soon as I can, I will send you a message with my findings. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Allan

Thank you for your patience and understanding. This is the response from engineering:

You should not experience any issues using drives with a mixture of OEM firmware and the Intel generic firmware.

Each manufacturer who provides Intel® SSD's with custom firmware makes their own decision on implementing firmware updates for their products. Our Intel SSD Toolbox does not have the ability to update the firmware on OEM drives. Please check with your system manufacturer on their plans for SSD firmware updates.

Allan.

Thanks for the answer.

In meantime, I've got no reply from HP but have purchased additional 4 HP branded drives to finish creation of RAID storage.

Kind regards

PS. It would be nice to have a choice, since Intel SSD Toolbox recognizes it as DC 3700 drive.

I'm not asking the other way around - to replace Intel generic firmware with HP one - and understand the implications of doing that.

Your feedback is important to us and I thank you for taking the time to communicate this issue.

Allan.