Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
英馬谷
Beginner

Intel Data Migration Tool cannot find SSD.

I bought Intel SSD7(SSDPEKKW256G8XT) recently. I tried to copy my content of disk into Intel SSD7 by using Intel Data Migration Tool. But I failed. This software could not find Intel SSD7. So I could not continue operations. I confirmed that BIOS found Intel SSD7 and disk manager of Win10 Pro found Intel SSD7. Why ?

I decided to use Ease US Todo Backup Free. I could carry on copying by using this software.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hi,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® SSD community.

According to the information in the Intel® Migration Software FAQ (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006082/memory-and-storage.html Frequently Asked Questions about Intel® Data Migration Software ), the tool doesn't support NVMe drives, therefore only SATA drives are supported.

Your SSD (Intel® SSD 760p Series) is an NVMe drive, that's why it wasn't recognized by the tool.

I hope this information clarifies your inquiry.

If there is anything else you would like to know, please let us know.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.
idata
Community Manager

Hi,

I would like to know if the information above answered your concern, or if there is anything else I can help you with.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

英馬谷
Beginner

Hello Diego,

Thank your for your mail. I understood the reason why Intel Data Migration Tool could not find my NVMe SSD.

But it is not kind that only Intel Migration Software FAQ explains this condition. If I could know this condition, I will not purchase it. I hope that Intel Data Migration Tool will be updated to recognize NVMe SSD.

Best Regards,

Hideo Umatani

idata
Community Manager

Hi Hideo Umatani,

I understand you. I'll pass this information to the appropriate team so that they can include this information not only in the FAQ, but in other sections as well.

If you have further questions, please don't hesitate to open a new thread. We'll be more than glad to help you in any way we can.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.