cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel M.2 600p Pcie 128gb not recognised by the BIOS but recognised in windows - ASUS G771JW

FF_d
New Contributor

Hello,

I bought an intel m.2 pcie 128gb ssd drive(SSDPEKKW128G7), and i want to boot from it.

I've tried to install windows, it is recognised in the setup, it copies all the files, but at restart, it shows me the bios because the bios doesn't see it and cannot boot from it.

Also in Windows, when i put it as another drive, it's ok, it sees it. the only problem is that the bios cannot see it.

Also, in utilties like HDD sentinel - no info to show, just temperature, ssd life - doesn't see it at all and in Intel ssd toolbook it says that smart is not active and i cannot see any info like lifetime etc.

Also the install i tried was on UEFI mode, windows 8.1 and 10 licensed - same problem.

How can I make the bios to see it and boot from it?

Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Florin1z,

About this SSD series, the 600p series uses M.2 slot, supporting PCIe* NVMe* generation 3.0 by 4 lanes. In this case we would like to recommend for you to confirm compatibility with the manufacturer of your system, in your case Asus*.It seems that even the computer comes with the M.2 port, it may be possible is not supporting NVMe* drives, like our SSD. This does not mean it won't recognize the drive, but surely, is possible it cannot boot from it as it does not understand the interface of the SSD.Please check with them and let us know.Regards,NC

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Florin1z,

We are following up and we would like to know if you require further assistance from us. We will be waiting for your response.Regards,NC

FF_d
New Contributor

From what i have found out, the version of this bios cannot support M.2 NVME. A solution is to mod the bios, wich i think is kind of risky.

But. I would like to use it for other tasks.

One problem is that programs that monitor HDD/SSD cannot see it or can't show much info about it.

SSDLife cannot see it, HDD Sentinel show just performance and in the Health status is unknown.

Can you help me with some drivers, so I can can fully benefit from it just in windows to use it? Meaning that i want to know in time what is it's health etc. Not even Intel SSD Toolbox cannot recognise it fully. It doesn't show to much info.

Thank you!

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Florin1z,

For this SSD the drive uses the inbox driver, meaning the operating system driver, and there is no driver available from us, since it does not require it.About the monitor software, the one we recommend for this drive is the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26492/Intel-Solid-State-Drive-Toolbox Intel® Solid State Drive Toolbox, which latest version works for the 600p. Problem is that if the computer's slot does not properly recognizes, then it will be difficult to extract or use all the features from the tool.Let us know if you need further assistance, we will be waiting for your response.Regards,NC