Intel® Optane™ Solid State Drives
Support for Issues Related to Solid State Drives based on Intel® Optane™ technology, Intel® MAS and Firmware Update Tool
432 Discussions

Intel Memory and Storage Tool Setup was Interrupted

faeterov
Novice

Hello, I'm seeing the following message when updating the Intel Memory and Storage Tool with the intel driver update utility.

"Intel Memory and Storage Setup ended prematurely because of an error. Your system has not been modified. To installa this program at a later time, please run the installation again". I cannot find a log to see what the problem is.

I have tried:

1. Downloading the setup manually from the intel webpage (IntelMAS_1.5.113_Win32), instead of using the intel driver update. No results.

2. Deleting the previous version of intel MAS, rebooting and then installing manually. No results.

3. Deleting, rebooting, running ccleaner to remove any traces, the installing manually. No results.

I have a gigabyte AERO 15 OLED with an intel SSDPEKKW512G8 (760p/E) and a WD 2TB SSD non NVME.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
faeterov
Novice

Hi, problem was solved by signing as administrator to the laptop, instead of signing as regular user and installing with administrator privileges. It's weird because every other app I have ever used has allowed me to install software just by typing the administrator password.

Thanks for your collaboration.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
BrusC_Intel

Hello, @faeterov.

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Intel Community Support.

I received your ticket regarding the Intel Memory and Storage Tool not being installed in your system, I will be glad to assist you.

I would like to know if you can provide us a full system report using the Intel SSU in order to gather some additional system details.

Download: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

• Open the application and click Scan to see the system and device information.
  • The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan.
  • Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View.
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer.

I hope to hear from you soon, I will follow up on February 4th or we can schedule a different date for the follow up if necessary.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel

Hello, faeterov.

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Intel Community Support.

I received your ticket regarding the Intel Memory and Storage Tool not being installed in your system, I will be glad to assist you.

I would like to know if you can provide us a full system report using the Intel SSU in order to gather some additional system details.

Download: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

• Open the application and click Scan to see the system and device information.
  • The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan.
  • Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View.
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer.

I hope to hear from you soon, I will follow up on February 4th or we can schedule a different date for the follow up if necessary.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
faeterov
Novice

This is the output.

The Intel update utility keeps telling me to install 1.5, but I cant complete the setup.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel

Hello, faeterov.

Thank you for the quick response.

I could not find any possible reason why this is happening based on the system report.

I just installed the application in a system running the sane Windows build and there are also no reports about similar issues, it should be working fine, which makes me think this is an isolated issue.

• Do you have any type of antivirus or security software installed in this computer that could be blocking the installer?
  • Are you running the installer as administrator?
  • Do you get any pop-ups, messages, or notifications before the error shows up?
  • Can you check the notifications at the bottom right side of the screen just to make sure?
  • Please provide a screenshot of the may error along with any other errors you encounter after you try to install it.

I will follow up on February 4th or we can schedule a different date for the follow up if necessary.

Let me know.

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
faeterov
Novice

Hi, problem was solved by signing as administrator to the laptop, instead of signing as regular user and installing with administrator privileges. It's weird because every other app I have ever used has allowed me to install software just by typing the administrator password.

Thanks for your collaboration.

BrusC_Intel

Hello, faeterov.

I'm glad to hear that it is working fine now.

The thread will be closed right now, but if you need any type of assistance from Intel in the future, you can always contact us back by opening a new thread or via any of the other contact methods (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html).

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos