cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel NUC DC3217IYE with Intel SSD 525 Series 60GB MSATA

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Recently purchased 5 units of the NUC. 3 of the units have the 60GB msata SSD installed while 2 have the 180GB msata SSD installed. Both the 60 and the 180 are the 525 series. MS Win8 Pro 32 installed fine in all the units.

Initially, one of the units just stopped recognizing the 60GB ssd that was installed. Reboot in BIOS and the ssd does not show up. Swapped ssd's (one a 180GB) btw two NUCs to isolated the problem. Both units booted fine. Continued to monitor.

Deployed the five units and within 24 hours, the 3 units with the 60GB ssd installed all showed the same issue. The NUC's just stopped recognizing the ssd's. Soft reboot and a hard reboot into BIOS both failed to recognize the ssd's. When I unplugged the power supply from the NUC and then replugged it. Booted to BIOS to find that the ssd was seen and would reboot to windows fine.

This has happened only with the units with the 60GB ssd's installed. Has anyone encountered this before and if so, is there a fix?

Is a firmware update required for these ssd's?

6 REPLIES 6

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I can add that I have a similar issue.

Sometimes (maybe 1/10 times) boot fails as no SSD is detected. In BIOS setup no SSD shows up.

New restart will not help. What helpes is pulling out the Power cord and then restarting.

System:

Win 8 64 bit

8 Gig ram

Intel 525 Series 120 GB SSD (Intel SSDMCEAC120B3)

Intel NUC dc3217iYe

I would be thankful for a fix to this issue.

I can also add that the computer is having difficulties recognizing units on a USB hub. They can stop being recoginzed. Moving them from the hub and directly to the computer mitigates problem. I've even switched hub but still had issues.

Kindly, Henrik

KJens
New Contributor

Hi

I also have the same problem, with 2 units. Is there any fixes Intel ???. Have BIOS updated the NUC. For me it seems to be a overheating issue. If you flip the NUC and have the heat outlet flipping up, then there is no problem !! My NUC registrers 73 deegres !!