cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel NVME SR-IOV support

MAbdi
New Contributor

Hello

I am using P3600 Intel NVME. I am wondering whether they support SR-IOV. I am planning to run some performance isolation test on them on a virtualized environment.

Regards

Mania

10 REPLIES 10

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi,

I am using RHEL 7.0 in that machine I have connected Mellanox Ethernet card and P3600 DS Intel NVME.

lspci -vvv showing Mellanox Ethernet card capabilities as

Capabilities: [108 v1] Single Root I/O Virtualization

(SR-IOV) IOVCap: Migration-, Interrupt Message Number: 000

IOVCtl: Enable- Migration- Interrupt- MSE- ARIHierarchy+

IOVSta: Migration- Initial VFs: 8, Total VFs: 8, Number of VFs: 0, Function Dependency Link: 00 VF offset: 1, stride: 1, Device ID: 1004 Supported Page Size: 000007ff, System Page Size: 00000001 Region 2: Memory at 00000000f7000000 (64-bit, prefetchable) VF Migration: offset: 00000000, BIR: 0

But P3600 INTEL NVME does not showing SR-IOV capability.

This is not anything related to OS. Because Mellanox card is showing SR-IOV capability.

Please provide information any settings need to be done

Thanks

Rama

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi 1ram,

We would like to inform you that we will investigate this request. We will keep you posted with any updates.Regards, Junior M.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi 1ram,

We would like to inform you that the SSD is ready for the feature and you don't need to enable it in the SSD. This feature is related to the Ethernet Adapters, that's why your adapter is shown as SR-IOV compatible. You can check the https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/single-root-inputoutput-virtualization-sr-iov-with-linux-c... article and use it as a reference.

We don't have any other documentation for SR-IOV in our SSDs. We recommend you to contact the https://community.redhat.com/centos-faq/ RedHat* support community in order to get the settings to enable the feature.

NOTE: Any links provided for third party tools or sites are offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel® of the content, products, or services offered there. We do not offer support for any third party tool mentioned here.

Regards,

Junior M.

Atayl7
New Contributor

how can I comfirm the feature is implemented on INTEL SSD, since I don't see SRIOV capability on the SSD and there is no tech doc or web mentioning the feature on the SSD.

BTW:DC P4600 support the feature?

Hi A Taylor, our SSD's do not support SRIOV. Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks,

JE