Intel® Optane™ Solid State Drives
Support for Issues Related to Solid State Drives based on Intel® Optane™ technology, Intel® MAS and Firmware Update Tool
431 Discussions

Intel Optane 905P PCIe 1.5Tb Water Block with Liquid Metal

DKan01
Beginner

Hello,

I have in shipping water block designed for 905P 960Gb but can't check details if it will support 905P 1.5Tb since no photo of PCB 1.5Tb in the internet. Regarding https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P00004SWqmeSAD/pcb-of-optane-905p?language=en_US it's same.

1. Does PCB 905P 960Gb is the same as the 905P 1.5Tb?
  2. I want to use liquid metal only on chip, is it nickel material?
  3. Can I use acrylic insulating varnish around the chip on smd contacts? Will it be safe for components on PCB? Here is application scheme http://prntscr.com/rca3st
0 Kudos
1 Solution
DKan01
Beginner

No, this is absolutely useless support.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JosafathB_Intel

Hello DKan01,

Thank you for contacting Intel® Memory & Storage Support.

We can not provide any information related to customization or unsupported modifications to our product, like the usage of a water cooling solution or acrylic insulation instead of the included solution.

Take into consideration that product design information and some details related to the hardware are not available to the public.

Note that the usage of any thermal protection other than the factory-installed heat sink is not supported nor validated by Intel®, and removing the factory-installed protection will void the warranty.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel

Hello DKan01,

We were reviewing your community post, which is related to the Intel® Optane™ SSD 905P Series and we would like to know if you need further assistance.

Have a nice day.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
DKan01
Beginner

No, this is absolutely useless support.

0 Kudos