cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel PCIE SSD - SSDPEDMW400G4: Incorrect Function error

RBurn1
New Contributor

Hi,

My PCIE SSD drive has been working perfectly for months but today i logged in and now i can't access any files or folders on the drive. when i try i get this error

[Window Title]

Location is not available

[Content]

D:\Program Files is not accessible.

Incorrect function.

[OK]

This is just a data drive but i use it for apps. This morning it looked like windows was trying to do an update so its possible that caused the issue. I was having issues updaing to the the latest windows 10 but i fixed that issue and it did not resolve the problem. I found a reference suggesting to use the Intel SSD toolbox to update the firmware but when i try i get this error

The diagnostics does not work either because it seems like it can't access the drive.

The model number seems to be: INTEL SSDPEDMW400G4

I also tried the Intel driver support assistant but it dosn't detect any updates. I also uninstalled the driver from Windows device manager and rebooted but windows seemed to auto install the driver when it rebooted. I also updated my motherboard bios just in case.

The motherboard i am using is Asrock Z270 Extreme4

I did read somewhere that to check the Hardware Ids of the driver, that if it starts with SCSI\ that it might be using the wrong driver bit this is what windows installs.

I'm out of things to try, any suggestions would be great. What else can i check?

6 REPLIES 6

RBurn1
New Contributor

I didn't get a chance to try the Intel SSD Firmware Update Tool but a few days later i noticed that it fixed itself. It appears to have been running fine now for the past week or so. I guess what ever broke it was patched.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello nitro5252,

Thanks for your reply. Even though the root cause wasn't not discovered, it is good to know the drive is working properly now.Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you.Best regards,Eugenio F.