cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel PCIe NVMe SSD stops powering after reboot

MGrah1
New Contributor

Hi Support,

I have recently purchased a Intel PCIe NVMe SSD 400GB drive.

It works until reboot then stops being detected by the Mobo. The lights on the unit also don't turn on.

I have updated the firmware to the latest, removed all USB drives and ensured its in a PCIe x4 slot.

I have to remove and re-seat the unit to get it to work again. (I'm guessing residual power?)

The Mobo also has the latest drivers.

My system is as follows. Hope you can help, thanks!

Intel i7-3770

Asus P8Z77-V Pro

32GB DDR3 RAM

Nvidia GTX 1080

For troubleshooting I have disconnected all other drive.

16 REPLIES 16

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Carcus,

Thanks for the quick reply. We would like to know if there is any way for you to test the SSD in a different computer, this in order to discard there is a configuration problem with the computer you are using, if it is difficult for you at the moment, please contact our http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html# @16 support department for further assistance on this.We will be waiting for your response.NC

WAcke
New Contributor II

I have been banging my head against the wall with exactly the same problem on a different system:

with 2 of these SSD's:

Asus X99-Deluxe II

Intel 5690X

64GB RAM

Nvidia GTX 970

ASUS Bios 0801

Very simply, drive works fine until the system is powered off. When powered back on, the LED is NOT lit and BIOS does not recognize the drive at all. If I power off the PC and move the drive to any other PCIe slot, all works fine until the next power cycle. Note this is not the boot drive. I have another manufacturer's PCIe NVMe drive as the boot drive and it has been working flawlessly.

Intel tech support has been amazingly responsive. They have swapped out the drives and the problem remains. 😞

It may be a firmware issue in the SSD, but my gut tells me this is an ASUS BIOS problem.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Carcus,

Could you please share the BIOS version installed in your motherboard?Could you also check if the BIOS is setup with fast boot= disabled?ChangoM,Please check your private message for further assistance on this.Thanks.NC

MGrah1
New Contributor

Hi,

I have the latest bios version and tried the fast boot disable thing.

If my mobo and cpu are just too old happy to upgrade.

Is there a list of cpu's and I guess more importaintly mobos that are compatiable with the drive?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Carcus,

Thanks for the information provided, in order for you to check the compatible motherboards, please click this http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/solid-state-drives/consumer-ssds/000005729.html link, let us know please.NC