cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel PCIe NVMe SSD stops powering after reboot

MGrah1
New Contributor

Hi Support,

I have recently purchased a Intel PCIe NVMe SSD 400GB drive.

It works until reboot then stops being detected by the Mobo. The lights on the unit also don't turn on.

I have updated the firmware to the latest, removed all USB drives and ensured its in a PCIe x4 slot.

I have to remove and re-seat the unit to get it to work again. (I'm guessing residual power?)

The Mobo also has the latest drivers.

My system is as follows. Hope you can help, thanks!

Intel i7-3770

Asus P8Z77-V Pro

32GB DDR3 RAM

Nvidia GTX 1080

For troubleshooting I have disconnected all other drive.

16 REPLIES 16

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Carcus,

We are following up on this thread and we would like to know if you require any further assistance?We will be waiting for your response.NC

WAcke
New Contributor II

I'm not Carcus, but my problem remains unresolved: BIOS does not see SSD after restart.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

ChangoM,

We understand you have tried different systems, were these systems built with the same motherboard on it?Could you confirm if you tested the SSDs in a total different system?Could you contact Asus* and ask for a list of validated SSDs you can install on the board you have?We will be waiting for your response.NC

WAcke
New Contributor II

NC,

Currently I am only able to test on one system. According to ASUS Qualified Vendor List for the X99 Deluxe-II:

DC 750 Series 400GB

is supported in the section on PCIE SSDs. See:

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA2011/X99-DLX_II/X99-Deluxe_II_Devices_QVL.pdf?_ga=1.201442578... http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA2011/X99-DLX_II/X99-Deluxe_II_Devices_QVL.pdf?_ga=1.201442578...

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

ChangoM,

Could you please check if in the BIOS there is an option for fast boot?, if so, please disable it.Also, could you please share more specs of your system? If possible, the brand of your power supply and wattage.We will be waiting for your response.NC