cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel RST 9.5.7.1002 released @ Lenovo!

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I just found the Intel RST v9.5.7.1002 drivers on Lenovo's support site for the new T410, T510 and W510 laptops

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=MIGR-74430 http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=MIGR-74430

Hoping these have TRIM support.

12 REPLIES 12

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Okay, someone at Lenovo must have also fat-fingered the version # .... These drivers are v9.5.4.1001 not v9.5.7.1002. The iaStor.sys file and the installer description both show 9.5.4.1001... No wonder my computer wont take them as I already have v9.5.6.1001 installed ..

DZand
Contributor III

@ bradhs:

No, these are the brandnew RST drivers v9.5.7.1002 dated 15th January 2010.

This is what you have to do:

1. Run the exe file and "install" the driver. The package will just be extracted, nothing will be installed.

2. Look into the C:\DRIVERS directory of your OS partition.

3. Install the suitable 32/64bit driver manually from within the Device Manager.

Have fun!

Fernando

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Got it! My ftp download link was wrong, I'm going to go back and edit my posts. thanks!

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Fernando, if I have a single SSD and using the latest RST driver, will it pass TRIM?

Thanks

DZand
Contributor III

AdiXPS schrieb:

Fernando, if I have a single SSD and using the latest RST driver, will it pass TRIM?

I don't know, but I doubt it. Unfortunately there is still no tool available, which is able to detect, if the Trim command is passed by the driver or not.

Nevertheless I am optimistic, that we will get an Intel RST driver in the very near future, which is able to support Trim automaticly when being used with Intel AHCI systems. Intel RAID users may have to wait for a new RST driver version and for an updated RAID ROM BIOS version.

Regards

Fernando