cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel RST drivers

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Does anyone have a link to download the RST drivers and can you tell me what the latest version is?

When I try to find it I keep getting different results, 9.6, and 10.5 something. When I try do a search in downloads it gives me the Toolbox and Migration tool but no RST driver.

I have several drives if it matters, I thought they would all use the same one. I have a X25-M 80G, 320 series 160G, and 510 series 250G.

Is anyone else have a problem finding these or is it just me?

Thanks,

Will

7 REPLIES 7

DZand
Contributor III

You will get the latest official RST drivers, if you join Intel's Download Center (Link: http://downloadcenter.intel.com http://downloadcenter.intel.com) and enter the words "Intel Rapid Storage Technology" (without quotation marks).

The newest official RST drivers are v10.6.0.1002, but you should consider, that they do not support Intel ICH8R/ICH8M SATA AHCI Controllers.

Berwin schrieb:

I have several drives if it matters, I thought they would all use the same one. I have a X25-M 80G, 320 series 160G, and 510 series 250G.

Is anyone else have a problem finding these or is it just me?

The compatibility of the RST driver does not depend on the drive, but on the Southbridge of the system.

Regards

Fernando

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

That is crazy to have to type that in to find it, instead of being able to put in your model and bring it up.

Ok the v10.6.0.1002 is for the F6 driver to load during Windows install so do I need the AHCI

10.1.0.1008?

I should have mentioned I have Windows 7 64 bit and a Asus Maximus Extreme Z, Z68 chipset. I am not doing Raid.

Thanks,

Will

DZand
Contributor III

@ Berwin:

The actually newest RST driver v10.6.0.1002 is the best choice for Intel Z68 chipset mainboards like yours.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Fernando,

I do not get their download site....

I saw what I thought was the driver you were referring to yesterday but was going to ask if you could be more specific because there were some that said RAID and some say AHCI and some said nothing. I am assuming I need the AHCI. So when I go to download it today it is not there. There is only RAID, F6 and one that says neither but the version is:

Will