cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel S3500 1.6TB with G2010141 firmware update

PKoc
New Contributor

Hello.

I have Intel DC S3500 HD 1.6TB drive, model SSDSC2BB016T40. The drive has SA: H39692-302. The drive contains firmware G2010141. I want to update to latest G2010150 but all Intel tools, namely the SSD Toolbox, Data Center Tool and Firmware update tool report the drive has the latest firmware and won't update it (all tools in latest versions).

I contacted Intel support through chat some time ago and they told me this is a HP drive. I have contacted both HP and HPE and both say it is not their drive. The fact is there is no markings on the label to indicate HP (or any other brand) and the drive comes with firmware that follows Intel generic firmware naming rather than HP (such as 4IWVHPG0), Dell (DLxx) or Lenovo (D201LD10) specific firmware. To me this drive looks like an original Intel drive. In fact even Intel in his INTEL-SA-00050 security bulletin says Intel S3500 drives come with G2010141 firmware.

Will Intel release a tool that will update this drive from G2010141 to latest G2010150?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi,

Just to summarize what we have discussed here, our tools don’t recognize the firmware G2010141 as a previous release version, so they won’t allow to update it to G2010150. 

Regards,

Diego V.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20

PKoc
New Contributor

Actually the INTEL-SA-00050 bulletin lists G2010141 as a standard firmware version for this drive (among affected by the described security issue).

On the other hand the PCN 114508-01 says: "The Intel® SSD DC S3500 Series firmware version is being updated from G2010140 to G2010150."

Maybe your engineers just forgot the migration prodecure from -141 to -150 ?

Hi Petr,

It may be possible, but I cannot confirm if that’s the reason as we are still investigating on this.

Could you please let me know where did you purchase the drive from (it would be great if you have the proof of purchase)?

Additionally, could you please get the SMART attributes report from the Intel™ SSD Toolbox? This tool can be downloaded from this site: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28309/Intel-Solid-State-Drive-Toolbox

To get the report just click on the Export button at the lower right corner of the application. It will generate a text file that you can upload in your reply.

I’ll be waiting for your response.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

Hello.

I bought the drive from eBay. In attachment the required CSV file.

Have a nice day,

Petr

Hi Petr,

Thank you for the information.

Do you have the proof of purchase from eBay? You can send it to me privately if you prefer. Just hover on my username and you should see a “Message” option to send me a private message.

Regards,

Diego V.

DiegoV_Intel
Contributor II
Hi Petr, Just following up to know if you have the proof of purchase from eBay. Regards, Diego V. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation