cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel S3520 m2 "Disk 0 has been surprise removed."

Truong
New Contributor

Hi,

It's Brand new Intel m2 2280 S3520 960GB.

Laptop machine is: ThinkPad P52 latest bios, windows 10 pro 1903, driver updated.

Issue: whenever i put laptop to sleep and then resume from sleep then the error appears in the windows 10 event log: "Disk 0 has been surprise removed."

Need helps please, thanks in advanced.

3 REPLIES 3

BrusC_Intel
Contributor III

Hello, Truong.

Thank you for contacting the Intel Community Support.

I checked your ticket regarding the S3520 Series, I will be glad to assist you.

Please let me know the following:

1. Did you contact the system manufacturer about compatibility details?

2. How is the SSD connected to the system?

3. Have you tested the drive in a different computer or is it possible for you to do so?

4. How long ago did you purchase the drive?

Regarding troubleshooting, you can download the Intel Memory and Storage Tool, this tool allows you to check the SSD firmware along the status of the unit.

- Download: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29428/Intel-Memory-and-Storage-Tool

The tools also give you the option to export the SMART details, you can generate the file and then attach it to this ticket, that way I can take a look at it.

Please keep in mind that this may be related to power settings/features of your system causing the drive to drop due to insufficient power being sent to the M.2 port during sleep, this is not for sure, but it's a possibility.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

Hello, Truong.

We were reviewing your community thread, which is related to the Intel® SSD DC S3520 Series, and we would like to know if you were able to retrieve the information that we requested in our previous post.

We will be looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel®

BrusC_Intel
Contributor III

Hello, @Truong 

I wanted to check on your support request in case you need further assistance.

I previously requested some additional details in order for us to provide a better diagnostic and also recommended some troubleshooting steps like checking the SSD status and firmware using Intel MAS or confirming the SSD compatibility with the system Manufacturer.

Considering that you own a branded system the best recommendation right now would be to check with the manufacturer for possible settings, adjustments or known issues with similar symptoms.

The thread will be closed for now since there has been no confirmation after trying to follow up.

If you require any type of assistance from Intel in the future, you can always contact us back by opening a new thread.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel