cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel SSD 330. Windows 7 freezes frequently after fresh installation

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I had purchased intel SSD 330 120 Gb.

At first I installed in my desktop (AMD Board), a lot of time the SSD fail to be detected with SMART error.

After that I had it installed in my notebook. It worked, but frequently the windows freezes, I have to reboot, and it's ok. After that the problems comes again and I have to reboot again.

I had the SSD removed, then installed to another desktop (intel), the same problem comes up. I had to reboot to resolve the freezes. I could not get into the Internet when the windows freezes.

THis is very frustrating, I could not get tow work with three different machine. I have another SSD (OCZ),which work with my desktop and notebook.

Can anybody assist me on this.

I had done fresh installations on all three machine.

Can I proceed with RMA?

Thanks.

56 REPLIES 56

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Harry.

I've had (hopefully not anymore) similiar problems with my intel 330 series 180 gb ssd.

I have also tried a lot of the things you mention, but the one thing that seemed to work was simply uinstalling the intel rapid storage software.

Hope it may help you.

/Lorenzen

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

>> one thing that seemed to work was simply uinstalling the intel rapid storage software.

Thanks, I will give that a try tomorrow, although I am about sick of wasting any more time on this thing. Probably spent the best part of 25 hours researching and trying all the different things to no avail.

Sometimes it is smarter to cut one's losses and just stop.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello

I purchased an Intel 330 SSD 60 GB. The main reason I did so was to replace myOCZ Vertex 3 SSD that was unreliable. I decided that I will go with Intel brandSSD for my operating system disk and ocz as my spare gaming, program disk. WellI started getting the bad freezes its very random I would leave my pc on andwhen I got to work I couldn't connect remotely to it. After I got back home I discoveredthat its frozen. Everything would be on but the disk led on my case would notblink no I/O device would work. Only thing left was hard reset. In even viewerthere was a critical error associated to unexpected shutdown kernel power 41.There was no other error that would refer to the freeze. The other dayeverything was fine I was able to connect remotely while at work, I got backhome everything was fine. I wanted to play some when I double click on the iconsystem froze. I got mad I think maybe it's my Geforce 680 GTX but i have like850W PSU so can't be. I had all the Intel Drivers Installed including RST and Management.As someone suggested I uninstalled the RST driver and will see if there is anyissues

My Sytem

INTEL CORE I5 2500K @ 4.6 GHZ

ASRock Z68Extreme 7 (G3)

MSI 680 GTX Lightning OC

8GB @ 1600 |CORSAIR CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B

Intel 330 SSD 60 GB SATA III

Vertex 3 SSD 120 GB SATA III

Corsair 850 W Modular PSU

Corsair Obsidian 650d Case

Windows 7 SP1

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Add me to the list. I have a 240GB 330 SSD in a Toshiba M645 Satellite for just two days. I get the same freezes with the solid HDD LED. I am very disappointed...

I completely restored the SSD to Toshiba original installation. Still freezes.

I am not seeing any solutions to the problems. Has anyone actually confirmed a fix?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

i have the same problem with the intel 330 series 180gb, hope u have a solution soon because u are going to start lose confidence in your products