cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel SSD 330. Windows 7 freezes frequently after fresh installation

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I had purchased intel SSD 330 120 Gb.

At first I installed in my desktop (AMD Board), a lot of time the SSD fail to be detected with SMART error.

After that I had it installed in my notebook. It worked, but frequently the windows freezes, I have to reboot, and it's ok. After that the problems comes again and I have to reboot again.

I had the SSD removed, then installed to another desktop (intel), the same problem comes up. I had to reboot to resolve the freezes. I could not get into the Internet when the windows freezes.

THis is very frustrating, I could not get tow work with three different machine. I have another SSD (OCZ),which work with my desktop and notebook.

Can anybody assist me on this.

I had done fresh installations on all three machine.

Can I proceed with RMA?

Thanks.

56 REPLIES 56

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

+1 costumer unpleased

using chrome or word, take about 20-30 sec of freezing, and it looks like the problem is related to the cache reading (just a hint...)

i'm quite disapointed with Intel 330, because i've choose it instead of samsung 830, i'm so regreat!!!!

but what is very strange, is intel staff maintains silence....

if no support or explanation is made, i'll put in RMA unfortunately

Carlos

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

OK, I was able to FIX my problem 100%.

My Toshiba M645 Satellite with Win 7 64 Bit Home Premium came with Intel Rapid Storage Technology - BUT it was out of date. I downloaded the latest drivers from Intel and applied a Registry Patch from the site below.

Bear in mind that any changes to the registry are done at your own risk. Since I applied both changes simultaneously, I cannot state which change was successful or if both were necessary.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=96663 How to fix your SSD freezing issue (we hope!) - The Corsair Support Forums

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

i'll give it a try

thanks for suggestion

PS: nobody from INTEL?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

After applying the reg file trick, 24 hours past and no freezing at all... let's see from now...

I have not uninstalled any program or changed/removed any driver from intel (still have Intel SSD Toolbox and Intel Rapid Storage Technology installed), must be an incompatibility problem between hardware configuration and bios, in terms of SATA port management, i think....

Just a note: in application of the reg file trick, after registry change, when i executed the intel ssd Toolbox in the System Tuner tab, was suggested to change the DIPM value, so i did it and that's the state of my windows installation without (so far) any freeze.

I hope this is the solution, but I'd be happier if Intel said anything ... even if it was a simple firmware update!

reg file trick (use at your own)

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=96663 How to fix your SSD freezing issue (we hope!) - The Corsair Support Forums

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Carlos (or those who applied the registry fix),

I'm suffering the same problem too.

Interestingly, i can consistently reproduce the freeze/hang at will using CrystalDiskMark3_0_1c x64.

Run random 512K block size test with the tool, test size does't matter.

Reads are all good with ~450MB/s.

For Write, sometimes it can finish 1 or 2 loop with ~150MB/s, and then the hdd led goes off and freeze!!

I have to do hard reset.

Tried everything but no luck....

1. installed latest IRST (before i've done this, random BSOD)

2. disable all CPU C-state in bios

3. enable hot plug of the SATA device in bios

4. registry edit trick

5. disable trim

Question:

1) Have you installed the "latest" IRST driver?

The registry key path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\iaStor does not exist. I created it manually. Just to clarify if we're doing the same thing.

2) Would you also try my CrystalDiskMark test case to dictate stability of ur setup now?

Thanks!