cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel SSD 335 serie 180Go crash and disapear from bios

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi,

My computer often crash with a BSOD, when I restart, the computer does not boot onto SSD.

When I enter the bios, the SSD is missing.

I have to manually go into manual boot selection and select the SSD from this list to start booting normaly. It works fine each reboot until the next crash.

I already returned the disk to intel that replaced it with a brand new without solving the issue. (It might have been less often for a while)

Configuration :

Core I5 4670

ASUS H87-PRO C2

Intel Solid-State Drive 530 Series 120 Go

Crucial 8*2 Go DDR3 1600 CL9

Thanks for your help.

23 REPLIES 23

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Slivo,

This situation could be related to power, since the SSD will show the BSOD and then it will disappear from BIOS.Just to double check with you:-The original drive was doing the same thing, right?-Have you tried different SATA and power cables?-Is this second drive having the exact same problem?We will review all the information and will get back to you.Regards,NC

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

The original drive has indeed the same issue.

I didn't try différents cables yet, I will try to see if I can do it tonight.

My PSU is a Seasonic G-550 for your information.

It does not happens when the computer is on heavy loads if I remember correctly. And I'm often making my graphic card cry launching multiple game at once, without issues.

Thanks for your help

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Slivo,

Thanks for the information provided.We will review the PSU model, also, if you can test another cable it will be awesome.Regards,NC

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Slivo,

Could you please let us know if there is any option for you to try the SSD in a different computer and with Windows 8*, this in order to discard any possible issues with other components in your system or the SSD itself.Please let us know if this is possible for you.Regards,NC

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello,

I didn't had time to switch cables yet.

I cannot really make this kind of test for several reasons :

- Weeks, maybe month can pass between two issue, it happens randomly.

- I only got one gaming rigs, and moving my SSD away means I would have to find and use a crap computer for this test, maybe for weeks.

- Not that I hate windows 8 ... but I do

You want me dead, don't you ?

Thanks for your help.