cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel SSD 520 120GB dissapearing from BIOS.

AMi1
New Contributor

Problem 1st time noticed around 4 months ago, while my SSD was running without any problems for last 2 years. Now everytime I turn my PC on there is a solid chance it wont recognize Intel SSD. No idea what helps, but I lately disconnect all the cords, open my case, change sata cables and then there is a chance to start (it's bootable).

I also noticed it probably causes PC to hang sometimes for around 3-5 seconds before BIOS screen, when my HDD's are also plugged they start to spin only after that time and only then BIOS screen pops up. This time is not related to whether these HDD's connected or not. Intel SSD alone sometimes "waits" that seconds, sometimes not.

Please help, I dont know what to do.

Win7 Home Basic Sp1

Gigabyte GA-P55-US3L

I also run 2 other HDD (WD and Samsung) that are always recognized.

5 REPLIES 5

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Masiania,

This is a very unusual situation, especially since the drive worked fine for a long time; However, we do suggest the following:-Make sure to update the BIOS of your motherboard-Any way to test the SSD in a different computer?-Secure erase the SSDBased on the logs you provided, we don't see anything wrong with the SSD. Please let us know if you performed the suggestions above so we can look for further troubleshooting steps for you.Regards,Nestor C

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Masiania,

We'd like to know if you read our previous post and if you need further assistance. We'll be waiting for your response.Regards,Nestor C

AMi1
New Contributor

Hey,

yup still not solved,

my BIOS is the latest (F7),

cant check on another PC niether erase my SSD atm as it's bootable and in a everyday use,

but after some tests it seems I only can start my PC (with Intel SSD detected) after it's powerd cord disconnected for some time (3 minutes) and if I press power button just after I connected the ower cord. It has nothing to do with SATA cables/ports. If it's not immediatly detected it wont recognize and sometimes causes PC to restart on first seconds (~3) if detect failed.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Masiania,

Thanks for your response.We have seen similar cases with this behavior and it could be related to the power supply in the computer.Is there any way that you may try a different power supply in the system? We know that you said you can't test it in a different system, but this can help us identify this situation./thread/22672 Here is a thread about this similar issue, just in case you want to double check it.Regards,Nestor C