cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel SSD 520 240 GB BSOD STOP 0xF4 after resuming from sleep

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I just upgraded to an Intel SSD 520 240 GB and I am experiencing a problem which never occurred with my previous HDD: a BSOD STOP 0xF4 after resuming from sleep

My system specifications are as follows:

• Asus U20A Notebook
  • Intel Dual-Core ULV SU7300 1.3 GHz
  • Mobile Intel GS45 Express Chipset + ICH9M
  • 4 GB DDR2-800 RAM
  • Intel GMA X4500MHD Graphics

I have disabled Device Initiated Power Management (DIPM), Host Initiated Link Power Management (HIPM) and Link Power Management (LMP). The problem occurs sometimes with Microsoft's AHCI drivers, and everytime with Intel's Rapid Storage Technology 10.8.0.1003 drivers. No minidumps are created.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

24 REPLIES 24

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Dear Starchild,

I have exactly the same problem on an HP 6930p. Intel support says (amongst others) that they have "not received any other reports from customer regarding this issue" and "The issue is most likely related to the power management in the system, not necessarily the SSD."

I don't really agree with this opinion, since the issue occured with standard settings.

Therefore, it would be good if you report the issue to Intel support. Hopefully, 2nd and 3rd level support will deal with the issue after enough complaints.

Thanks,

Hans

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I have contacted Intel Support and they were not helpful.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I'm still testing, but so far, this problem seems to be resolved after upgrading to IRST 11.6.0.1030.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi,

Unfortunately, I encountered the exact same issue, BSOD upon resuming from sleep.

I have the Intel SSD 520 series my machine is: Lenovo T430 (with IVB CPU).

with Intel(R) 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller - 1E03

Dear intel support, how many sightings of the issue you guys need to open a defect and work to release a fix?

Thanks in advance

Ohad