cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel SSD 520 240GB Will no longer resume from sleep mode. BSOD

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello!

I have had an intel 520 series for about 2-3 months now and its worked like a dream. Now however my laptop always go to bsod or reboot when I resume from sleep. Hibernate seems to work fine still but it is annoying because then I need to type in my hard drive password for the disk everytime I want to resume.

I have been troubelshooting to see if it could be something else by restoring the notebook to its original state with the old drive. Sleep works then.

I then redid the SSD migration with intels software and when i put in the SSD in the computer sleep no longer works.

I also did a clean install of windows onto the SSD but sleep did not work then either.

So it seems something is up with the Disk. I've googled for a while and it seems SSD:s have had problems with resume but not really Intel because of their higher quality. Anyone got any idéas what might be the prob? Faulty drive? Should I RMA the drive?

Edit: I forgot some additional info that can be useful.

Notebook is Asus UL80VT

OS is Windows 7 64 Bit

Also the bluescreen comes in variations but the most common is kernel_data_input_error which seems to have something to to with loading data into the RAM. The RAM has been tested with windows RAM test utility and it works with the old HDD so it might be the SSD that just dont power up after sleep mode?

5 REPLIES 5

Hello goro,

Thanks for sharing this information. We are sure it will be very helpful for other users with this same issue.

Kevin M