cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel® SSD 530 Series and NUC D54250WYK

KSnyd1
New Contributor

I just bought an Intel NUC D54250WYK and have installed an Intel® SSD 530 Series (80GB, PCIe Module mSATA 6Gb/s, 20nm, MLC) in it. Ive updated to the latest bios but the bios is not recognising/registering the SSD. I tried the SSD firmware updater toolbox but it failed to recognise the SSD also. I have removed the SSD and reinstalled to make sure that its positioned and secured correctly. Unfortunately I dont have another machine to test the SSD in. Fresh out of ideas, is my NUC or the SSD faulty? it seems odd that the NUC wouldnt support an intel branded SSD. Ive read elsewhere on the forum of people successfully using the 530 series SSDs in NUCs. Although I believe its only the 525s that are officially listed as supported.

3 REPLIES 3

Jose_H_Intel1
Valued Contributor II

Hi tenfingers, does it make a difference if you check in your BIOS after restarting your system rather than after a cold boot, or vice versa?

Jose_H_Intel1
Valued Contributor II

We have a similar system and it is working perfectly.

I suggest verifying the Intel® SSD is connected to the Full-Mini Card connector (labeled B in page 15). It is the slot on top.

http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23089/eng/D54250WYB_D34010WYB_TechProdSpec06.pdf http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23089/eng/D54250WYB_D34010WYB_TechProdSpec06.pdf

Please share a screenshot of the BIOS (Advanced, Devices, SATA) and the BIOS version.

Hey joe,

Cold boot and restart doesnt make a difference. The card is installed correctly. Ive since purchased a Crucial 120GB M500 (CT120M500SSD3) Which is listed as being tested and working with the D54250WYK. This SSD worked straight away after installation with no issues. So I guess either, the intel SSD is not supported (unless someone has used this specific model successfully) or the intel SSD i purchased is faulty (again would really like to know if anyone has used this model successfully in this kind of setup). Either way the system works now with the new SSD.