Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel SSD 530 problem after OS Shutdown

TTay
New Contributor

Hi kford-Intel,

My motherboard is ASUS Z87-Pro and the BIOS version is 1504

Intel 530 SSD 240GB SSDSC2BW240A401(Received through RMA by Intel)

Windows 8 Pro 64bit

i7 4770K (stock)

G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 2133 16GB

After cloning the replacement SSD through the Intel SSD Toolbox, was prompt that I can start using it. On restart the SSD was missing in BIOS and Windows too.

I had to unplug the power cord and also all USB devices and leave it for half an hour and reconnect all the USB devices and power on the PC. At start-up BIOS detected the Intel SSD, double click my "Computer" the Intel SSD was present.

To test if BIOS and Windows would detect my Intel SSD after doing a "restart"; yes it was detected during three "restarts".

To see what happens when I have the PC shutdown for 5 minutes and power on again, this time both, BIOS and Windows could not detect the Intel SSD but my Samsung EVO 120GB where I installed my Windows 8 Pro is always detected by BIOS and Windows.

If I want BIOS and Windows to detect the Intel 530 SSD ( which is still connected in my PC ) ;- waiting for some miracle to happen, I will have to unplug the power cord and everything mentioned earlier, and leave it for 30 minutes then power up the PC and it will be recognized by BIOS and Windows.

Hope you can come up with a solution.

Seems like the Intel SSD couldn't wake up or lock up after PC power off.

BTW I have my motherboard replaced (new same model) and also changed a new Corsair RM650 PSU yet nothing seems to work.

Hope this helps you in your quest for a new firmware to solve all this problem.

Thank you.

38 REPLIES 38

KLim11
New Contributor

Hi redot,

Thanks for your info. I will try your workaround and monitor for couple days. I did switched off monitor power and switched on when starts my PC, and SSD did detected.

Anyway, how you know I am using DP? My monitor Dell U2312HM.

Hi Icebits,

What video card are you using?

Thanks.

Ken

KLim11
New Contributor

Hi,

This is my PC specs:

Motherboard: ASUS M4A87TD/USB3

Graphic Card: ASUS Radeon HD7700 1GB

Monitor: DELL U2312HM

This motherboard do not have build-in graphic card.

UPDATE (16/1):

I have switched back from DP to DVI and surprisingly, SSD did detected on cold boot. I'll continuing monitor it.

JWegh
New Contributor

I have a similar problem with a Dell L702x laptop and an Intel SSD 530 240GB - this thread helped me realize that having an external monitor (on displayport) seems to be part of the problem. I'm on the latest DC32 firmware, and I have problems with the drive being detected after a cold boot. I have to remove the battery and all external connections to get it to be detected in BIOS.

Potentially related, coming out of sleep mode in both Windows 7 and Linux (dual-boot set up on the Intel SSD,) both OSes almost always lock-up quickly and require a hard power cycle. There is nothing in the system event logs to indicate what might have happened in either case. This happens both with and without being attached to an external monitor.

Hi GraySplatter,

What model of external monitor are you using?

Is the SSD detected if you turn off the monitor, or disconnect the DisplayPort cable, before turning the laptop back on? You might need to wait 30 seconds after turning the monitor off.

Thanks.

Ken