cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel SSD 530 startup problems - Bug in SSD?

ajoha7
New Contributor II

I just bought an Intel SSD 530 240GB to replace my Intel SSD510 for my HP Elitebook 8460p.

When i cold-start my computer everything is fine, but when I restart my computer from within a freshly installed windows-7, the drive is not found.

If i turn off the computer and start it again, the drive is found and boots up again as usual. So the drive fails after reset.

I have upgraded the firmware of the SSD to the latest version via the SSD toolbox but still no luck. also updated laptop bios to latest version.

I had no problems in the past with the Intel SSD 510 edition.

Any ideas on what to do?

Clarification:

So, when I insert my Intel 510 SSD and start windows and restart windows it works without problem. But with the Intel 530 it wails when I do restart, the BIOS does not find it after a normal reset. So that must conclude that the Intel SSD 530 has some bug? or is sensitive to some timing issue?

Should I return it? or just assume its incompatible with my laptop?

Message was edited by: andy johansson (added some clarification at the end)

216 REPLIES 216

Jose_H_Intel1
Valued Contributor II

Thanks to all for the information. We are actively trying to recreate this issue. We will update the thread as we have additional information.

Billyray, is there any response to your post on the ASUS forum?

No news yet from Asus, either its reps or forum members in general.

MStoi
New Contributor

Hello,

I have exactly the same issue on a HP Elitebook 8570p. I've installed windows 7 enterprise 64 bit and after reboot it doesn't finds the OS.

Any fix?

TKell2
New Contributor

Hi - I have a similar issue with my Mac Pro. I just installed a 240GB 530 series SSD and installed a fresh copy of 10.8 Mountain Lion. On a warm restart I get a "circle-slash" - verbose mode shows the message "still waiting for root device". A cold boot works just fine.

I've updated to 10.8.5 and the latest DC12 firmware. Help!

AP8
New Contributor

All - I have the same Failed to detect 530 SSD on restart/reboot issue. Cold boot works fine, every time.

I have a Lenovo W520, just today upgraded to Windows 8 + 530 SSD and the problem has surfaced, the 520 SSD has been faultless. I can also confirm that the first thing I did when this happened was look for the Fast boot option in my bios, which wasn't there.

Please intel, don't knock my confidence in your drives as I regularly recommend them to customers!