cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel SSD 530 startup problems - Bug in SSD?

ajoha7
New Contributor II

I just bought an Intel SSD 530 240GB to replace my Intel SSD510 for my HP Elitebook 8460p.

When i cold-start my computer everything is fine, but when I restart my computer from within a freshly installed windows-7, the drive is not found.

If i turn off the computer and start it again, the drive is found and boots up again as usual. So the drive fails after reset.

I have upgraded the firmware of the SSD to the latest version via the SSD toolbox but still no luck. also updated laptop bios to latest version.

I had no problems in the past with the Intel SSD 510 edition.

Any ideas on what to do?

Clarification:

So, when I insert my Intel 510 SSD and start windows and restart windows it works without problem. But with the Intel 530 it wails when I do restart, the BIOS does not find it after a normal reset. So that must conclude that the Intel SSD 530 has some bug? or is sensitive to some timing issue?

Should I return it? or just assume its incompatible with my laptop?

Message was edited by: andy johansson (added some clarification at the end)

216 REPLIES 216

There was some bad blocks were found in my M4 SSD 256GB. One of my friends told me that Intel 530 SSD 240GB is good as a replacement to solve those problems.

After I installed the SSD and recovery the Win7, I couldn't get any idea but the system restart always failed. Afterwards, I found that the x220 cannot find the SSD after the Win7 restarts, and the BIOS shows no SATA disks, even I pressed alt-ctrl-delete many times. After I pressed the power button to turn off the x220 and turned on the x220 again, it booted successfully.

There are no new firmware updated in Lenovo for me to fix this problem and I need help ASAP, please.

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/detail.page?LegacyDocID=MIGR-69806 Solid State Drive firmware update utility (Bootable ISO) - ThinkPad

I have installed a Intel SSD Pro 1500 into a Lenovo notebook (HM86 Chipset),and can't find the disk under win8.1 with AHCI enabled, is there any new firmware to fix it ?

Model: SSDSCKGF180A4L

Firmware LSQi

ALetn
New Contributor

Hello

I can confirm that this problem also occur in our businnes. We have previously used the 520-series with no problem. When started using the 530-series all the computer that uses this disk cannot reboot, but be turned off completely.

We have standarized on HP laptops and I have changed to 530-Series on several models. All have the latest BIOS and SSD firmware. Fast Boot or enable/increase Hard disk Pre-delay is not available in BIOS on these computers. 

A fix would be appreciated.

Jose_H_Intel1
Valued Contributor II

Hello all. The Intel ® SSD 530 passed all of our internal restart tests but we did not test with an HP Elitebook 8460p or ASUS G73JH. It is possible that the problem is specific to these models of laptop. We will attempt to reproduce this issue, but you should check with HP and ASUS for possible solutions. We will update this thread when more information is available.

Anstein, would you please provide the HP model affected with the issue in your business?

OK, Joe. I have posted the question on the Asus Forum.