Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CCleo
Beginner

Intel SSD 535 480GB write amplification problem.

Hi All,

I checked the other day my ssd without much attention because I have Intel SSD since the X-25 M, they are the best right?

But no, this time my attention was caught by over 120 TB of total NAND writes. I implemented the OS service described in another thread with some improvement (to be seen), but i think this is a warranty problem.

Can someone from Intel describe the procedure I should follow to change the ssd. My ssd warranty expires in 2021, it will not last for sure until then and I don't want to loose my windows activation (upgraded from windows 7 when it was free) or my data.

/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-432594-305822/pastedImage_0.png

/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-432594-305928/pastedImage_1.png

/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-432594-305929/pastedImage_2.png

I am waiting for a Intel response, please.

P.S. Now I have to tell all my friends that my recommendation was wrong, I really hope this can be solved somehow. How can I recommend Intel SSD in the future for servers or PCs when something like this can happen. I have servers that write 100GB per day on ssd, on this kind of write amplification (43) the ssd would last 6 months maximum (750TB). I hope the server ssd versions are better.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Community Manager

Hi Cleo,

Thank you for posting in our forum. We would like to let you know that this situation is being handled in another thread, /thread/46941 here is the link. We noticed that you have posted already there, so please let us continue the support on that specific thread.

Regards,

NC