cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel SSD 600p 256GB doesn't show up in BIOS

Timmy485
New Contributor

My Acer nitro 5 an515-53 came with the intel 600p INTEL SSDPEKKW256G7 model as the primary drive. Used it for a while then added a 1TB HDD drive to it for extra storage. Everything worked fine until I had a BSOD error 1 time (couldn't take notice of the error code)

After that, the NVME SSD refuses to show up in neither BIOS, Device manager nor Windows sometimes when I try to boot up.  Other times (albeit on lesser frequency), it will just show up without me doing anything. 

Updated my bios and firmware for the SSD, alongside different other fixes found on the net but still doesn't seem to fix the issue

The intel memory and storage tool also says my SSD is healthy so I doubt the fault is coming from that side

1 REPLY 1

JosafathB_Intel
Valued Contributor

Hello, Timmy485.

Greetings from; Intel® Memory and Storage support.

As we understand, you needed assistance with your Intel® SSD 600p Series in your Acer* nitro5 an515-53 PC. If we inferred correctly, please review the following information:

1- The issue you are experiencing could be related to the bandwidth shared between your M.2 and SATA ports on your PC. We advise you to contact your OEM (Original equipment manufacturer) Acer* to get further assistance and information related to this behavior.

2- A way to test if the issue is related to the Intel® SSD 600p Series is to unplug the HDD from your system and to try to boot just using the SSD.

3- We advise you to contact Acer* to confirm if your HDD is listed as compatible and tested hardware for your Acer* nitro5 an515-53 PC.

As per the information you shared with us, this SSD is not having issues once it is detected. Even when using the Intel® Memory and Storage Tool; You do not have an alert or error on the software. We think that your best option is to work with your OEM.

If you need further assistance related to an Intel® product, or your OEM is not able to help you, please do not hesitate to contact us back by opening a new thread.

We hope fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help.

We will no longer monitor this thread. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel® Customer Support Technician.