cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel SSD 600p incompatibility with Windows 10 version 1803.

KChou9
New Contributor II

I have ACER VX 15 shipped with 256GB Intel SSD 600p series. After updating my system to Windows 10 version 1803 it is constantly crashing. Microsoft has confirmed that few Intel SSDs are not compatible with the update and Intel has confirmed that its Intel SSD 600p and pro-6000 models are having this issue. I just want to know the status regarding this issue from Intel. When the patch will be available for Intel 600p SSD ?

Sources:

1. http://www.legitreviews.com/windows-10-april-update-blocked-on-small-number-of-intel-ssds-due-to-iss... Windows 10 April Update Blocked On Small Number of Intel SSDs Due To Issues - Legit Reviews
  2. https://www.tomshardware.com/news/windows-10-update-intel-ssd,37020.html Windows 10's April Update Crashes Systems With Intel SSDs (Updated)
52 REPLIES 52

CHobb2
New Contributor

I'm eagerly awaiting a fix too, got a brand new HP Spectre x360 2-in-1 three weeks ago and now this, drive inside is listed an 'Intel Pro SSD 6000p'.

After the update it randomly blue screens after 1-3 hours up-time, says crit_proc_failed and it cannot write a windows crash log, also seems it happens more frequent when device is unplugged and running on battery. Worst part is I ran disk cleanup as part of initially trying to diagnose and it removed my old windows install so no rolling back, ugh. Oh and when it reboots, starting back up it always throws a UEFI 'Error (3F0) - Drive Not Found'. But holding the power button to force a cold boot gets back into windows on the second try, at least for an hour or two lol.

Crazy thing is the HP Spectre line is quite popular, and the entire line has been shipping with these drives for ~8 months now....

KChou9
New Contributor II

wow, it is like as if you are telling my situation. Except the UEFI part i am having totally same problem and i also lost my old windows installation while i was diagnosing the problem, i tried clean installing windows but still had the issue. I forgot to make a back-up of Microsoft office and lost my 1 year subscription of Office 365 that came with my laptop. Somehow i got Windows 10 version 1709 iso original file on internet, made a bootable USB of it, installed it and successful rolled back to version 1709. You should also try this until they provide a patch for this.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello keshav_c71,

Thank you for your interest in the Intel® SSD 600p Series.I would like to inform you that Microsoft* is working on a resolution that will allow the April 2018 Update on these devices in the near future. In the meantime it is recommended to stay on the previous version of Windows 10 with the Intel SSD 600p and Pro 6000p Series drives. Please see the following for more information https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/devices-with-certain-in...Please let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with.Regards,Andres

CHobb2
New Contributor

Yea we both obviously know there's an issue that's being worked on, OP seven provided links to such info. We were just hoping for an ETA...