cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel SSD 600p incompatibility with Windows 10 version 1803.

KChou9
New Contributor II

I have ACER VX 15 shipped with 256GB Intel SSD 600p series. After updating my system to Windows 10 version 1803 it is constantly crashing. Microsoft has confirmed that few Intel SSDs are not compatible with the update and Intel has confirmed that its Intel SSD 600p and pro-6000 models are having this issue. I just want to know the status regarding this issue from Intel. When the patch will be available for Intel 600p SSD ?

Sources:

1. http://www.legitreviews.com/windows-10-april-update-blocked-on-small-number-of-intel-ssds-due-to-iss... Windows 10 April Update Blocked On Small Number of Intel SSDs Due To Issues - Legit Reviews
  2. https://www.tomshardware.com/news/windows-10-update-intel-ssd,37020.html Windows 10's April Update Crashes Systems With Intel SSDs (Updated)
52 REPLIES 52

AT6
New Contributor

I have Intel 600P SSD and my Windows 10 have already been updated to 1803 successfully (beginning of May), however, I have problems with system crashing with Blue Screens of Death (CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, STORE_EXCEPTION and others) while the laptop is on battery... ONLY ON BATTERY! If watching a Youtube video it crashes in 1-2 minutes... if not watching a video it could stay for 15-30 minutes. In other words, my laptop is bricked and cannot be used on battery power. I do not know how this is even possible... can somebody explain to me?

Yesterday my system installed 3 updates as follows:

- Realtek Semiconductor - MEDIA - 6.0.1.8224 - 8/1/2017

- Intel - SYSTEM - 9.21.0.2853 - 9/21/2017- Intel - SYSTEM - 9.21.2853.2 - 10/5/2017

I really hoped that these updates would fix my problems but they didn't. Also, I am wondering why I am getting "updates" with drivers from 2017...

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello MDCCCLXXXIV,

Currently, the recommendation consists on working with a previous version of Windows 10 with the Intel SSD 600p and Pro 6000p Series drives. Please see the following for more information https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/devices-with-certain-in.... A solution will be provided in an upcoming update to the Windows 10 OS.I'll share the symptoms you described to the corresponding team. Please keep checking this post for more details.Regards,Andres V.

AT6
New Contributor

Thank you for your response but unfortunately I cannot roll back to the previous Windows 10 release because I cleaned the backup version due to lack of space... my SSD is only 256GB after all and I didn't expect I'd have such problems with my laptop after an official Windows 10 Feature update...

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello MDCCCLXXXIV,

I understand that rolling back to the previous version of Windows 10 is not an option for you, unfortunately, this is the only official suggestion currently available, at least until Intel and Microsoft complete the final data analysis and validation of the solution that is been worked on. When we have more details we will post to this thread.Regards,Andres V.

AT6
New Contributor

Today I got KB4100403 and it seems that it have resolved my problem. I am not 100% sure yet... but after I installing KB4100403, I haven't got any blue screens yet. I'll let you know if they start popping up again.