cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel SSD 600p speed problem

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I've get a less that half of advertised speed of Intel intel SSD 600p using m.2 port on MSI Z170A Krait Gaming 3X motherboard using Intel i5 6600k. I updated all the motherboard drivers and running windows 10 pro and still get only 750 mb/s seq read . Does anybody has any ideas what i can do before return ssd back?

7 REPLIES 7

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi! So here is some update information.

I bought drive adapter (M.2 NGFF SSD PCIe to PCI Express) and connected ssd through PCI port. And finally got correct speed. So i guess it was some issue with mobo. But MSI support told me "Make sure you have an updated Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver and Intel Chipset driver, also check any pending updates from windows 10 updates because the Intel SSD 600P driver come bundled with Windows."

I've try to find any ssd 600p drivers but i didn't find anything.

I use the ssd drive as boot drive, correct.

My system specs:

processor - i5-6600k

motherboard - MSI Z170A KRAIT GAMING 3X

graphic card - ZOTAC Force GTX 1060 6GB

memory - 2*Ballistix Sport LT 16GB Single DDR4 2400 MT/s

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Piterparker,

For this series of SSD, you don't need to install any additional driver for the drive to work better, since the drive uses the inbox driver included in the operating system.Please let us know if you need any further assistance.Regards,NC

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi PiterParker,

We are following up and we'd like to know if you require further assistance about this thread. We will be waiting for your response.Regards,NC