cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel SSD 750 800gb Driver for Windows 8.1 Pro

EMats1
New Contributor

Hi

Currently using this SSD via my PCIe as a book drive but experiencing problems installing the Intel driver(s)

I have downloaded the latest Intel SSD Data Center Family for NVMe Drivers and ran the installation. Application then goes through the motions and ask for a reboot ----> Once the windows desktop appears again i check my Device manager and it stills shows Microsoft Driver 6.3.9600.16384 dated 21/06/2006.

What am I doing wrong?

I also have the Intel SSD toolbox running (Fully up to date) and it shows that everything is fine.

Many thanks in advance for any help.

4 REPLIES 4

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Pumpsy1,

We understand you're having issues installing the latest Intel® SSD NVMe* drivers.Before we begin please make sure to back up any important data on the SSD before troubleshooting. You may also want to ensure that your working with the latest BIOS version available from your computer manufacturer, you will also need to make sure that you're using a 64-bit version of Windows*.In this case, we can recommend following the "Have Disk" driver installation method outlined in the Installation Guide:- http://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/ssdc/data-center-ssds/Intel%20NVMe%20Instal... Intel® SSD NVMe* Installation Guide (Page 10, Section 3.1.2).If this does not work, you may want to perform a clean installation instead:1. Download and save the latest https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26451/Intel-SSD-Data-Center-Family-for-NVMe-Drivers Intel® NVMe* driver to your SSD or a flash storage device.2. Control Panel > Device Manager > Storage Controllers > Locate and right click on your Intel® SSD 750 Series > Choose to Uninstall > Make sure you mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device," if available.3. Install the latest Intel® Solid-State Drive Data Center Family for NVMe Drivers that you downloaded before. You may follow either of the two driver installation methods outlined in the User Guide, Page 8 to 10.We look forward to hearing back from you.Best regards,Carlos A.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Pumpsy1,

We're following up on your thread since we have not heard back from you in a while.Has your issue been resolved? Please let us know if you need any further assistance.Best regards,Carlos A.

EMats1
New Contributor

Hi Carlos

Sorry I've not came back to you 🙂

Yup followed your instructions and I've got the driver installed working a treat. Thanks for your reply and help.

Cheers

Eamonn

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Pumpsy1,

We're glad to help.If you have any more issues or questions, don't hesitate to ask.Best regards,Carlos A.