cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel® SSD D3 S4610 Hard disk error in BIOS

Fenih
New Contributor

Good day.
I purchased a D3 S4610 SSD. But when you start the computer, the BIOS takes a long time to check and, as a result, gives the error "Hard disk error".
If you continue to boot the system, then it is normally seen and formatted, the data is written.
Found this link https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000033549/memory-and-storage.html
I updated the firmware to XCV10132, executed "intelmas delete -intelssd 0" in the console, but the error in the BIOS did not disappear.
Please help with solving this problem.

11 REPLIES 11

Hello Fenih,

Thank you for your reply.

Based on the behavior you described, the issue seems related to your motherboard configuration, and it could be due to a SATA limitation or to the BIOS settings, as we mentioned in our previous post.

Since the issue does not happen on a different PC, you can try to swap the drive to another SATA port to check if there is a change in the BIOS detection of the SSD.

Please, take your time with this process and let us know the results. We are going to follow up with you again next Friday, the 13th of November 2020, if we do not receive an answer from you.

Best regards,

Josh B.
Intel® Customer Support Technician.

Before writing the first post here, I tried:
- Disable all hard drives except D3-S4610
- Connect to other SATA connectors, including instead of the existing SSD of another company
- Switch the mode from IDE to AHCI (unfortunately, I did not find other settings in BIOS, regarding SATA)
With all my checks, the problem still remained.

Hello, @Fenih.

Thank you for the details.

After reviewing the information, and taking into consideration the troubleshooting you have performed, the best option would be to open a ticket with the motherboard manufacturer regarding this particular error to check if they can provide you with more details or a possible explanation why this is happening.

We understand that other disks are working fine in the same system the same way this drive works fine in a different one and based on the SSD information, the unit is working properly and the error seems strictly system-related.

If they provide you with more information about this error and then you are referred back to us for a specific reason, we will be more than happy to provide you further assistance, but at this moment there are no other recommendations we can provide.

We will follow up on your ticket on November 17th, if you believe that additional time is required in order to get a response from the motherboard manufacturer or you would like to close the thread, please let me know.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

I contacted the support of the motherboard manufacturer.
On November 13, they replied that they sent a request to the developers to test the board's operation with the drive. At the moment, no response has been received from the developers yet.

It may take more time for a response from ASUS.

Hello Fenih,

Thank you for your reply.

We will be looking forward to your reply, letting us know the Asus* results and if you need further assistance.

We are going to follow up with you again next Friday, the 20th of November 2020, if we do not receive an answer from you. Please let us know if you would like to schedule a different date for the follow-up.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel® Customer Support Technician