cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel SSD DC S3700 Firmware update

KRave
New Contributor

Hi all,

I need to complete a firmware update on a couple of S3700 SSD drives. My problem is that they are in a server running Open-E so I can't install the Firmware Update Tool or Intel SSD Toolbox software, so I tried two things:

1. Took a drive out and connected it to a laptop via a SATA - USB cable but neither of the above software recognised the drive so we assumed the drive couldn't be detected via USB.
  2. We then tried the bootable upgrade tool and burnt the bootable ISO to a CD and booted the server from CD - this wouldn't detect the drives either we think due to the software not being able to read the drives which are on a RAID controller.

So my question is, does anybody know how I can update the firmware on a SSD Drive which is in an Open-E environment?

Thank you in advance

Karl

3 REPLIES 3

ASouz7
Valued Contributor

Hello KarlRavenscroft,

In order for you to update the Intel® SSD DC S3700 Series you will need to use the Intel® Solid-State Drive Data Center Tool found int his link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/23931/Intel-Solid-State-Drive-Data-Center-Tool Intel® Download Center in order for the update to be successful, the drives must not be on a RAID so you have to do this procedure on the SSDs one by one.

KRave
New Contributor

Not what I wanted to hear! Ok, I will do them one by one

Thank you

ASouz7
Valued Contributor

Hello KarlRavenscroft,

Yes, this would be the more efficient way to guarantee that your drives will be updated correctly. You are more than welcome to contact us via phone or chat as well should you need any further assistance as we are more than glad to help you. If you are located in The United States, you may call this number : 917 377 7000 - Mon to Fri from 7:00 A.M to 5:00 P.M (PST), if not, please contact your nearest Intel Contact Center by accessing this link: http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/contactsupport Contact Support