cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel® SSD E 5420s Series (SSD E 7000s)Firmware Update

ychen107
New Contributor

The intel E 5420s 240GB i have bought , on warranty center online of intel show as E7000s. on the drive it says E 5420s . it has the firmware N2010101 - it is the same firmware as DC s3520 SSD has had. now there is a a firmware update N2010112 for the DC s3520, do i need to run the firmware update for the E 5420s(e7000s) 240GB since it is has the same firmware as DC s3520 (it is the same drive different marketing )? the drive is in used as a USB 3.1 external drive running linux system. so to do the firmware update will not be too simple. I will not try , until i know for sure there is a update for this drive , and if it is necessary to do so.

please name intel SSDs with Order and consistency.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello knighthood,

We can confirm that you're currently running the latest firmware for your Intel® Solid State Drive. While models can often share the same firmware versions, it's not uncommon for one to receive a firmware update while the other continues with the original release. This is because sometimes we may need to address a problem that occurs with an specific model, but not the other. In order to correct the problem that you ran into with our warranty center, we would like to have the following information:- Picture of the label of your SSD.- Or the ISN, SA, and Model information for your drive.- If possible, the SMART attributes from your SSD.We look forward to hearing back from you.Best regards,Carlos A.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello knighthood,

We can confirm that you're currently running the latest firmware for your Intel® Solid State Drive. While models can often share the same firmware versions, it's not uncommon for one to receive a firmware update while the other continues with the original release. This is because sometimes we may need to address a problem that occurs with an specific model, but not the other. In order to correct the problem that you ran into with our warranty center, we would like to have the following information:- Picture of the label of your SSD.- Or the ISN, SA, and Model information for your drive.- If possible, the SMART attributes from your SSD.We look forward to hearing back from you.Best regards,Carlos A.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello knighthood,

We have not heard back from you in a while. Please let us know if you would like any further assistance.Best regards,Carlos A.

ychen107
New Contributor

thank you for your reply. I am sorry, but I don't want to open the enclosure, because the enclosure is not only with screws, but also a aluminum layer which pasted on top of the screws . It is a beautiful enclosure, but not so practical.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello knighthood,

Thank you for the pictures. I believe they include everything that we'll need in order to investigate and resolve this problem.Best regards,Carlos A.