cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel SSD Optimizer failed - XM25-M 80Gb in XP Pro SP3

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I ran the Full Diagnostic Scan and the SSD checks out fine.

However, when I ran the SSD Optimizer, it turned blue to red and status indicates the process has failed.

I am on Toolbox version 1.3.0.000

11 REPLIES 11

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Curious, why "many times" are you getting hard drive lock ups or corrupt data like some pepole are experiencing?

Just to be clear! Some do not have any problems at all.

i haven't had any problems at all. this is on quite a variety of ssd's, not just intels.

you claimed that there was a 'known issue' specifically with xp pro sp3 formatting ssd's to ntfs, but you did not explain in detail what that was, or provide links.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Before I purchased the X25 M 160 gigs I did a little research on price and tech data, and I came across a few blogs and forums where pepole are having problems with XP and any SSDs I did not make a case out of this just wanted to share my findings. I am sure you can google it.

When my X25-M comes from Newegg I'll give feed back on my experience in a few weeks.

yes, i did google it, and found nothing indicating that xp pro has a 'known issue' with formatting ssd's to ntfs. i do find that many users don't really know what they're doing and wrongly blame the ssd when the real cause of the problem is themselves or platform/bios compatibility issues. this isn't to say that ssd's are immune to data corruption or failure (and in that respect you should treat them as you would any storage device, i.e. they can fail at any time, so back up any important data).

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I couldn't agree more with you! Many people do not use their computers properly and always blame it on everything but them selves.

That's why I'll wait till I play with it on my own.

I think I did find most of the issuse on Dell's Support forums for the Minis.