cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel SSD Pro 2500 Series No Opal -- What gives?

Jbeck10
New Contributor

I Installed an Intel SSD Pro 2500 on a PC running Windows 7 ultimate. I also installed the Intel SSD Pro Admin Tool, issued a -drive_list command and this is what I see:

So it looks like the SSD was detected (drive index 2), but it's saying no opal. How do I enable Opal?

I need to configure this as an SED (i.e. self-encrypted drive). Am I correct in assuming it's unencrypted without Opal? Note that I'm running Windows 7, so Microsoft eDrive isn't an option for me.

Thanks!

Jim

2 REPLIES 2

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

jb88,

Thanks for posting in our forum.First of all we would like to confirm the drive does support OPAL, but checking at the picture you attached, it seems this drive is an OEM version (according to research it is an HP* drive) this due to the firmware version it comes with LWDi.The drive should have firmware version TG21, therefore, our tools will not be useful to change any settings or even update the firmware. This needs to be provided by HPE*. Also, it is important that probably the OEM may disabled this option as well other features.Please try to contact the OEM for a possible tool or better addressing this feature, we will be waiting for your response.NC

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

jb88,

We are following up and we would like to know if you require any further assistance.We will be waiting for your response.NC