cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel SSD Toolbox - error connecting to drive

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello,

I have bought Intel SSD X 25-M 160 GB G2. My motherboard is Gigabyte 790 XTA AM3. I installed Windows 7 ultimate on the SSD. Installed intel sss toolbox utility. It was working fine then. Later I installed MB drivers, disabled defragmentation, indexing, pagefile, Superfetch and Prefetch. Now when I start Intel SSD toolbox it says: error connecting to drive. I tried reinstaliing the windiows 7 without erasing the SSD disc, but it didnt help and I still cannot use the SSD toolbox, because of "error connecting to drive". Reinstalling the Toolbox didnt help too.

Anybody could please advice how to go on now?

Shall I use " HDD ERASE" to wipe the disc and try reinstalling Windows 7 again?

Thank you

Radoslav

6 REPLIES 6

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I agree. The hardware is Intel, so Intel need to step up and support it properly. I'm also stuck without the ability to use the toolbox.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Have you tried not installing the nVidia drivers? Windows 7 seems to have drivers for most motherboards. I have a Gigabyte X48 chipset board and didn't install anything from the Gigabyte website. I just let Windows update decide what to install and also downloaded the X48 chipset drivers direct from Intel.

I had major problems with an Nvidia board in the past, so much so that I changed it to the X48 chipset one from Gigabyte.