cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel SSD Toolbox for Mac?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Just curius if Intel has decided to yet to make a Intel SSD Toolbox application for Mac? My 320 is running fine in my Early-2011 MBP, would be nice though to have those tools. Any alternatives?

7 REPLIES 7

MBall5
Contributor

I would like to let you know that so far we do not have any ETA for an ssd toolbox for Mac systems, at least for now, this might change in the future but it is hard to tell right now if in a short term Intel will provide a toolbox for Mac systems.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Intel currently has no plans for a Toolbox that runs on Mac platforms.

Thanks,

Scott, Intel Corporation

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

SSDelightful wrote:

Intel currently has no plans for a Toolbox that runs on Mac platforms.

Thanks,

Scott, Intel Corporation

Any chance of releasing some information for somebody else to step up?

At least enough to get at the health and calculate the estimated remaining lifetime...

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Sounds like a good idea.

The mind boggles as to why Intel appear to be discriminating against Mac Users. Support also appears to be very poor from Apple as well regarding third party SSD's.

The only thing that gives me a smidgen of extra information about my Intel SSD is a third party trim enabler for Mac OSX. Other than that, I've just gotta keep backing up every day and keep an eye on the warranty period.

On the bright side of things, if Intel are as reliable as they say they are, when our drives do fail in the future, then Intel are bound to have developed some awesome new SSD's by then : )

Regards

Rodney Ferguson