cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel SSD Toolbox has stopped working V3.2.1 and V3.2.3

MAlum
New Contributor

So I've been trying to get the SSD Toolbox to work for several months. Each time I run it the blue Intel Solid-State Drive Toolbox screen comes up. I can see the Version number and it looks like it is trying to probably talk to the drive and then a popup box comes up. Intel SSD Toolbox has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

I just updated to V3.2.3 and it's still happening.

My drive seems slow.

Running WIN7 Pro 64-Bit

Laptop is a Lenovo W500.

I've done some searching around and it seems others have had the same problem and no resolution seems to be available in those threads.

Anyone got some things to try - besides keep falling back in restore points.

TIA

17 REPLIES 17

Jose_H_Intel1
Valued Contributor II

It looks like you might have something called Intel® Turbo Memory in your system. Any of these steps may represent a solution:

1. Please install the following driver:https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?lang=eng&DwnldID=18011 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?lang=eng&DwnldID=18011
  2. Search for the Intel® Turbo Memory "disk" in Device Manager and disable it. It may appear as shown in the screenshot below.

Guys,

Can you please confirm if the steps above fixed the problem? Feedback is very important so we can share this with other customers.

Kevin M

AAmbr
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

hello joe and others,

(i hope no one here minds me hijacking this thread; since i was directed here by @joe_intel i though i might as well continue posting here. my original thread is /message/250032# 250032 at this location),

i tried your suggestion and the following happened:

- tried to disable the IMD-0 device in device manager, but option grayed out

- uninstalled the microsoft drivers, rebooted, device still there

- while installing INVM110CD.exe, installation tells me 'the drivers you are about to install are older than the ones already installed'

- installing anyway

- drivers installed, tried going into the device manager - IMD-0 still operated by Microsoft drivers, 'Disable device' option still greyed out

- tried removing the drivers, a restart is required

- upon system start the OS installs drivers for an unknown device - it is the IMD-0 device getting the same microsoft drivers, still can't disable the device in device manager

even though in my opinion nothing has really changed, i ran SSD Toolbox 3.2.3 just for the hell of it, and there was no difference, and after a reinstall i tried it with 3.1.6. still no difference.

i might be doing something wrong though. any ideas why i can't disable the device in device manager? the list of drivers IMD-0 uses is as follows:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\disk.sys (Microsoft Corporation, version 6.1.7600.16385)

C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\DzHDD64.sys (Lenovo, version 1.1.3.0 built by: WinDDK)

C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\fltsrv.sys (Acronis, version 1.3.0.1022)

C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\partmgr.sys (Microsoft Corporation, version 6.1.7600.16385)

EDIT: also, i just remembered that i did not do a clean install on the new SSD disk, i used intel's Intel Data Migration Software. And in Windows' Disk Manager the 1.37GB IMD-0 drive is visible and now mounted (set as primary partition, no letter & format assigned), but it was unmounted before the turbo memory disk driver.

AAmbr
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

I got it working

The problem was that you can't disable the IMD-0 device (or any of the disks) through Device Manager - the option is greyed out.

What you need to do - what I did, at least - is to open Intel Turbo Memory Console and uncheck both ReadyBoost and ReadyDrive functions - you should be prompted both times to restart your pc.

After that the Toolbox runs fine, and if you want, you can use the IMD-0 drive as a small fast cache, since its reading speed is around 440MB/s, which is still roughly double the speed of an SSD connected to SATA II 3.0Gbps (which is my case ) You can find more detailed description in http://forum.thinkpads.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=83614# p557996 this post on this forum.

Cheers!

Thank you for sharing this information. It is good to know it is working now.

Kevin M