cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel SSD Toolbox without Intel Update Manager?

PV3
New Contributor

The installation binary for SSD Toolbox v3.2.1 installs an Update Manager to C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Update Manager and creates two system tasks that run on user log on, more specifically the executable bootstrap.exe is run, located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Update Manager\bin.

Why is there not an option to avoid installing this obvious bloatware?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jose_H_Intel1
Valued Contributor II

Please uninstall and reinstall Intel® SSD Toolbox, make sure you select "No" during the installation process when the screen above appears, this is just right after the license agreement.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Jose_H_Intel1
Valued Contributor II

Thank you for sharing your question with us.

I recently received a confirmation that Intel® Update Manager was included with Intel® SSD Toolbox and that there is an option to choose whether or not to install this software, as shown in the picture below.

We are investigating further about how to get this tool uninstalled. Please stand by, I will update the thread as soon as we receive new information.

Message was edited by: Joe_Intel

Jose_H_Intel1
Valued Contributor II

Please uninstall and reinstall Intel® SSD Toolbox, make sure you select "No" during the installation process when the screen above appears, this is just right after the license agreement.

Thank you, that solves my problem.