Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel SSD broke down after 4 years.

Murat
New Contributor

Hi
We bought a Dell workstation in 2016.
Intel SSD was used as the driver in it. Model: SSDSC2KF256H6 (Pro 5400s series 256 gb 2,5 '')
The computer shut down as a result of a power cut and unfortunately it did not turn on when I wanted to turn it back on. The SSD drive appears in the BIOS screen but the operating system does not boot.
The computer was used for design work and it contained important drawings. I cannot access the drawings right now.
Is there any method to open the disc?
We wanted it to be the best and we used Intel, but now I regret it.
Moreover, the power outage occurred for the first time. And the disk broke down at the first cut.
Do Intel SSD disks last 4 years?

Note: Translated by Google translate. We apologize if there is any mistake.

9 REPLIES 9

Hi @Murat 

I'm very sorry to hear that you couldn't recover data from the failed SSD. In the beginning I wan't to emphasize that I'm not an Intel employee. Intel engineer @BrusC_Intel  is informed about your problem and may be he will be able to give you some more competent advice. I understand your disappointment from the  reliability of your SSD compering to your HDD. However you should be aware that although the SSD has no moving parts it has still fragile electronics circuitry. This circuitry was probably damaged by power surge. In the future you may protect your computer with power surge protector. There are professional services (I'm sure you have such Turkey)  dealing with data recovery from SSD, but if the SSD controller is damaged, it can be quite expensive. In the end, the user is solely responsive for its data by making drive backup on daily base to backup drive. Failures always happen.

Leon

Hello, @Murat.

Thank you for contacting he Intel Community Support, and thank you very much @LeonWaksman for all the assistance provided here and other cases.

Regarding recovering the data, the only recommendation I have right now (knowing that you already tried a SATA to USB adapter) would be to try to connect the drive directly to the computer via SATA; you can connect it to any computer as long as you boot from a different drive in order to check if you can access the files.

Please also keep in mind that we do not provide any type of data recovery services, if recovering the information is critical, I would recommend contacting a professional data recovery company, some are able to offer free diagnostics and quotes, but it will depend on what options you have available in your location (searching online may be required).

About the drive itself, since the it is recognized in BIOS (according to your initial post), it may still be recovered depending on how it gets recognized by Windows, but most processes would be data destructive, for example, in the case it needs to be initialized, formatted or secure erased (this one can be done from BIOS depending on the motherboard).

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

Hello, @Murat.

Good day,

This message is to follow up on your ticket to check if you had any questions or require any additional assistance.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

A contingent Worker at Intel

Hi;
Unfortunately, we could not access the data. It will probably be thrown away.
Intel is number 1 in the processor area, but the ssd disk is very poor quality and unsafe.
Thank you for your willingness to help. But unfortunately the result did not turn out as we wanted.
Healthy days...

Hello, @Murat.

Thank you for your response.

I understand your position and value your opinion.

There is no exact way for us to know how this happened, but any device that is man-made may fail at some point for many different reasons; I would always recommend to keep a backup of the information no matter the storage solution you decide to use in the future.

The following is a list of data recovery options available in the United States in case you want to reach them, I was not able to find one that covers your location, so you will be required to check are available to you locally.

- Data recovery companies: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006357/memory-and-storage.html

With nothing else to add and seeing that no further assistance is required, I will proceed to close the thread right now, please open a new thread or contact us via any of the other support methods if there are any other questions (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html).

Best regards,

Bruce C.

A Contingent Worker at Intel