Intel® Optane™ Solid State Drives
Support for Issues Related to Solid State Drives based on Intel® Optane™ technology, Intel® MAS and Firmware Update Tool
436 Discussions

Intel SSD firmware update tool boot error

Mwnap
Beginner

Hi,

Upon trying to boot from the SSD firmware update tool I get the error "Failed to load ldlinux.c32".
I've searched these forums already and all solutions are to use a different USB creation tool.

However I don't use an portable medium, but mount the ISO directly via iDRAC or iLO.
So by the looks of it, the ISO comes with a non-functioning livelinux by default and relies on a 3rd party USB tool to fix/update that.

Weird thing is that it does work in UEFI mode, even though the user guide specifically states it only supports legacy boot.

Tested on:

- Dell R220
- HP DL320e G8 V2

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?
Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Mwnap.

Thank you for contacting Intel Community Support.

I received your thread regarding the boot error with Intel FUT, I will be glad to assist you.

As you already mentioned, other users will overcome this type of error by using a different tool to mount the image, with Rufus being the one we usually recommend, but knowing that this is not an option for your particular scenario, there are no actual steps or workaround we can provide.

Unfortunately, anything outside what is included in the Intel FUT user guide is outside of our scope of support: 

- Guide: https://downloadmirror.intel.com/29722/eng/Intel_SSD_FUT_User_Guide.pdf

- How-to Video: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000021095/memory-and-storage.html

If we can help you with anything else, please let me know, I will follow up on February 2nd or we can schedule a different date if necessary.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Mwnap.

This post is to follow up on your thread in case you had any additional questions or concerns.

I will proceed to close the thread on February 5th if further assistance is not required or we can schedule a different date if necessary.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, Mwnap.

I wanted to follow up on your thread regarding our Intel FUT.

I previously mentioned that, unfortunately, we do not have recommendations ins your particular scenario as you do not use any type of media to mount the image on or software to do so, making this go beyond our scope of support.

The thread will be closed right now since there was no confirmation about other questions, or further assistance being required. If you have any other questions or concerns, please open a new thread because this one will no longer be monitored for support, or contact us via one of the other contact methods (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html).

If you require any type of assistance from Intel, you can always contact us back.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos