cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel SSD toolbox unable to report SMART data on Intel 750 SSD

CA5
New Contributor II

Recently built a new PC using Intel 750 (400 GB, PCI-E slot version) as boot drive, with Windows 10 Enterprise.

It was detected automatically by the BIOS on the Asus Z170 Deluxe motherboard, and the install was unremarkable.

All running well, however I've now also installed Intel SSD toolbox, and it's not reporting any SMART data:

I attempted to install the latest driver by using the SetupNVME.exe that came with Intel Windows NVMe driver 1.3.0.1007 x32-x64.zip, but this made no difference.

Can anyone shed any light on this lack of SMART data from the toolbox? I haven't found any other utilities that recognise the drive at all, so I was hoping the Intel SSD Toolbox would show me these details.

8 REPLIES 8

CA5
New Contributor II

Yes, that does the trick. So simple that I didn't think to try it

Cheers

PS, Intel chaps... that's a bug in fact... care to fix? You know, call the RefreshData method on startup as well as on demand?

jbenavides
Valued Contributor II

Hello ChrisA22963,

We are looking into this condition and we will let you know once we receive any updates about it.

CA5
New Contributor II

Thanks, it's a very minor issue of course

Have the same issue, no smart information available although I am sure it was there before last year. Using SSD Toolobox 3.3.4 which reports drive as having latest firmware. Tried the datacenter tool but will not show drive.