cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel SSDSC2KW480H6 can not wite... Cyclic redundancy check.

IGros3
New Contributor

Hi, I have a problem with SSDSC2KW480H6 HDD. I had windows 10 installed on it, and AVG antivirus, 1 Mount ago I select BOOT Scan from AVG and after restart the system did not boot anymore. However, not this is the problem... I've manage to copy all my data from SSD, but I can not write it (format, wipe, etc.). I've try lot of tools to clear/format it and none of them managed to write something on SSD. I was try also Intel SSD toolbox, but this software can not read the SSD, it even do not see the name of it like other tools. However, all the tries I've made was with an SATA to USB adapter, because my laptop did not boot at all if this SSD is inside (I've try with 2 laptops).

I have also an error from DiskPart: "DiskPart has encountered an error: Data error <Cyclic redundancy check>" .

I've forgot to mention that after backup I've try to install windows 10 first, but did not work and also Disk Management from windows crush when the SSD is connected to laptop. Everything looks like the SSD life is end or the SSD is write protected, but all the tools that I've test and read the SSD shows that the SSD is Healthy. And I did not use it so much time... only 5-10% of the time of another SSD (same model) that is installed on my second PC and this one is still working.

So, my question: Is there a way to use this HDD anymore?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

LeonWaksman
Contributor II

You are right the /F switch was wrong, however I'v intended to full format rather that quick: Format n: /FS:NTFS /X . If you want, you may try with one partition, however, could be that your SSD can't be saved. Please check here https://supporttickets.intel.com/warrantyinfo?lang=en-US if your SSD is still covered by warranty replacement https://supporttickets.intel.com/warrantyinfo?lang=en-US . If it is open a ticked for RMA.

Leon

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

LeonWaksman
Contributor II
  1. In Command Prompt:
  2. Run DISKPART
  3. LIST VOLUME
  4. Run CKKDSK X: /F (where X is the letter of the failed SSD)

Leon

I've done the test, but I have some error on 2 partitions:

C:\WINDOWS\system32>CHKDSK n: /F The type of the file system is NTFS.   CHKDSK is verifying files (stage 1 of 3)... 256 file records processed. File verification completed. 0 large file records processed. 0 bad file records processed. 0 EA records processed. 0 reparse records processed. CHKDSK is verifying indexes (stage 2 of 3)... 71 percent complete. (255 of 282 index entries processed) An unspecified error occurred (696e647863686b2e dee).

LeonWaksman
Contributor II

You file system is probably corrupted. Try to reformat this drive now:

Format n: /FS:NTFS /F /X

You may try to delete the partition and once you have one unallocated space, try to reinstall Windows.

Leon

IGros3
New Contributor

So, I've tried and did not work. The "/F" is not recognized by CMD and I assumed that it means "fast" so I use "/Q" from quick...

This is the results:

C:\WINDOWS\system32>Format k: /FS:NTFS /q /X The type of the file system is NTFS.   WARNING, ALL DATA ON NON-REMOVABLE DISK DRIVE K: WILL BE LOST! Proceed with Format (Y/N)? y QuickFormatting 450M Volume label (32 characters, ENTER for none)? f1 Creating file system structures. The first NTFS boot sector is unwriteable. All NTFS boot sectors are unwriteable. Cannot continue. Format failed.         C:\WINDOWS\system32>Format l: /FS:NTFS /q /X The type of the file system is FAT32. The new file system is NTFS.   WARNING, ALL DATA ON NON-REMOVABLE DISK DRIVE L: WILL BE LOST! Proceed with Format (Y/N)? y QuickFormatting 100M Volume label (32 characters, ENTER for none)? Creating file system structures. The first NTFS boot sector is unwriteable. All NTFS boot sectors are unwriteable. Cannot continue.       C:\WINDOWS\system32>Format m: /FS:NTFS /q /X The type of the file system is NTFS.   WARNING, ALL DATA ON NON-REMOVABLE DISK DRIVE M: WILL BE LOST! Proceed with Format (Y/N)? y QuickFormatting 124434M Volume label (32 characters, ENTER for none)? Creating file system structures. The first NTFS boot sector is unwriteable. All NTFS boot sectors are unwriteable. Cannot continue. Format failed.       C:\WINDOWS\system32>Format n: /FS:NTFS /q /X Cannot open volume for direct access.       C:\WINDOWS\system32>Format o: /FS:NTFS /q /X The type of the file system is NTFS.   WARNING, ALL DATA ON NON-REMOVABLE DISK DRIVE O: WILL BE LOST! Proceed with Format (Y/N)? y QuickFormatting 182861M Volume label (32 characters, ENTER for none)? Creating file system structures. The first NTFS boot sector is unwriteable. All NTFS boot sectors are unwriteable. Cannot continue. Format failed.           DISKPART> select partition 1   Partition 1 is now the selected partition.   DISKPART> DELETE PARTITION NOERR OVERRIDE   DiskPart has encountered an error: Data error (cyclic redundancy check). See the System Event Log for more information.