cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel Turbo Cache phased out: pci-e enabled chipset 5 owners SOL?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I'm having a tough time swallowing that intel has abandoned turbo cache on the newer win7 platforms.

If anything, a 4gb ssd would still be useful for a page cache. Could someone tell me if there is an effort underway to develop a driver for existing turbo cache chipsto work with chipsets outside of their intended market?

I recently spent $70 on one of these, and it's useless to me.What an incredible waste of money.
8 REPLIES 8

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Turbo Memory is support on the GM965 and GM47 chipsets. I do not believe it is support on the H55 chipset.

Caveat Emptor.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I basically said that already. I also said, that's a problem.

Support it or else.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

It is akin to buying a X58 motherboard and complaining that it does not support AGP.... Turbo Memory is a dead technology. For $70, why didn't you just buy a SSD?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Now hold on. AGP is a ISO standard. PCI-E is as well.

Turbo Cache memory chips interface using nonstandard controller software

on a standard pci-e interface. I -want- an ssd. I thought the Turbo chip WASa very reliable, very quick, small SSD with a large MBTFfor use with cache operations. I guess I was wrong. And, since it's expiredtechnology, my vender is going to put up a stink at my RTM request.it's absurd that there isn't some attempt to make these chips usableas standard ssd drives.