cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel X25-M 80gb low 4k read/write speeds

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I use to get 39mb/s write and 14.4 mb/s read using as ssd benchmark on the 4k test. Recently I am scoring 27.50mb/s write and 14mb/s read. What could cause this drop in performance. I am using ahci mode and msahci driver. Thanks

48 REPLIES 48

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I'm thinking my G2 is (slightly?) defective. It makes /thread/11102 an awful high pitched noise while I run this test. Also my scores are quite a bit lower than yours. Possibly due to the different version of AS SSD Bench... but seems rather doubtful considering the large variance.

any thoughts?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Your partition number (in green) seems odd to me , mines 1024 k, Also have you updated to the latest firmware? as its not shown on the as ssd screen correctly. Also the whining noise seems to be common if you google it you will see what i mean. And try the msahci driver, assuming your using ahci mode in bios.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

That partition offset is normal if you've got the Win7 100 MB partition in front of the main partition.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

How do you switch to the msahci driver?

As ZXTT95 indicated, yes, I have the 100MB partition Win7 installed.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Ah I see, ok to switch to the msahci driver go to device manager and go to ideata/atapi controllers,then right click the ahci channel and click update drivers,browse computer for drivers,choose driver from list, it should then give you the option of microsfts standard achi driver or the existing driver you have installed.