cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel® X25-M Firmware Update Error

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi all, i've downloaded the new firmware and am having a weird error when running the firmware. I boot into dos and the disc detects my SSD drive fine but during the update when you see the _ blinking, it will pop up with an error saying. Error reading from drive A: Dos area : General Failure Abort ignore retry fail

Retrying does the same thing, so i dont know what's going on. In my bio's it's set at compatible and IDE, am i suppose to set this to ACHI?

Anyone else have this issue and if you fixed it, can you explain how?

Thanks

21 REPLIES 21

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

The ReadMe explicitly states to set SATA to ACHI and not to RAID or IDE when doing the firmware update. Then afterwards you can set it back to what you like.

Regards,

Mike

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

thanks, i appreciate the reply

will try later, i read the guide and it doesnt state anything like that

cheers

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

The readme also states:

"2. "Drive not recognized" in AHCI SATA modeISSUE: Some platform BIOS implementations of SATA port settings are not compatible with the update program's process for locating the SSD within the system in AHCI mode.WORKAROUND: For best compatibility, configure the BIOS SATA port mode to The "Legacy" or "Compatibility" mode to perform the firmware upgrade"The above is only if you have an issue using AHCI mode.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

thanks for that, well it's definately not working for me in IDE mode, so i hope it works in ACHI

really dont want to go to a friends house just to do this firmware update