cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel® X25-M Firmware Update Error

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi all, i've downloaded the new firmware and am having a weird error when running the firmware. I boot into dos and the disc detects my SSD drive fine but during the update when you see the _ blinking, it will pop up with an error saying. Error reading from drive A: Dos area : General Failure Abort ignore retry fail

Retrying does the same thing, so i dont know what's going on. In my bio's it's set at compatible and IDE, am i suppose to set this to ACHI?

Anyone else have this issue and if you fixed it, can you explain how?

Thanks

21 REPLIES 21

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Here is the exact passage from the ReadMe (it is such a long readme that is is certaintly easy to miss):

BIOS STORAGE CONFIGURATIONThis tool will only function correctly with the BIOS SATA ports configured to "Legacy" / "Compatibility" mode, or "AHCI" mode. Some BIOS configurations support SATA port modes such as "IRRT", "RAID", and "Native + IDE" mode, which are not supported by this utility.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Update error too for me : on my Vaio AW laptop i've got an "Intel SSD not found" message. I know that i should try to set my SATA mode from AHCI to IDE, but my BIOS only gives access to time, date and drives boot order settings.

Mailed support, hopping a less restrictive updated tool

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I have the same problem.

It says "Intel SSD is not properly attached or disabled"

I have a Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P motherboard with the latest BIOS.

My BIOS SATA port mode was set both to IDE and to AHCI SATA without any success.

Why is this happening, and what can I do?

I have an Intel X25-M G2 80GB SSD.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

You tried it both ways? If you did, try Legacy or Compatibility mode.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

In my BIOS, under Integrated Peripherals, I have:

-OnChip SATA Type:

*AHCI

*RAID

*Native IDE

-OnChip SATA Port 4/5 Type :

*As SATA type

*IDE

How should I set those?

I have tried AHCI and Native IDE so far.

I don't see anything like "Legacy or Compatibility mode" in my BIOS

Can you help me please?