cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel® X25-M Firmware Update Error

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi all, i've downloaded the new firmware and am having a weird error when running the firmware. I boot into dos and the disc detects my SSD drive fine but during the update when you see the _ blinking, it will pop up with an error saying. Error reading from drive A: Dos area : General Failure Abort ignore retry fail

Retrying does the same thing, so i dont know what's going on. In my bio's it's set at compatible and IDE, am i suppose to set this to ACHI?

Anyone else have this issue and if you fixed it, can you explain how?

Thanks

21 REPLIES 21

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Native + IDE is not supported by this firmware update as I posted you earlier. The only setting I see that would work is AHCI since you don't have legacy or compatibility mode. I don't know your board, but I have an option on my board to use Legacy mode. I have a Gigabyte board and love it. Do you have an NVIDIA board?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi, I tried the new Intel firmware updater.

I followed all the instructions, SATA set to AHCI and ran the updater. It's stuck at "Scanning the system for Intel SSDs" for 30 minutes. Anything I'm doing wrong? or should I wait longer? I don't think it should take that long to recognize the SSD in my system. I found somewhere in the README about incompatibility with NVIDIA chipset based system. "The firmware update tool may not recognize Intel 50nm SSDs with 8610 FW when used on some Nvidia chipset based systems including the Nvidia based Mac systems." But, I'm quite sure the one I have is X25-m 34nm and doesn't apply to this issue.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Come on guys. Any help?

I've been waiting for ages for this firmware.

Now it's out and I still can't do it.

I've contacted Intel support but havent got any reply.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Yes, can someone please help us??

I have been waiting for this update, too!

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I also had the "Error reading from drive A: Dos area : General Failure Abort ignore retry fail" Error .. after awhile i just rebooted the machine anyway and when it got to Windows 7 .. it said that the update was applied and asked me to reboot .. when i did i checked the BIOS version and it did in fact update .. SO you should check because i bet your Firmware updated as well