cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel X25-M Mainstream SSDSA2M160G2R5 160Gb ?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I have just put the SSD in the computer a Gateway FX6801, formatted the drive, and with the cloning software supplied with the SSD I transfered the Win7 installation from the original Hatachi hard drive to the SSD. The bios is set to AHIC, the computer boots from the SSD and everything works fine. The load time hasn't improved, 1 min 20 sec which I feel is long and the main reason I changed to SSD. The Win 7 performance for the drive is 5.9 which is the same as the original Hatachi drive. I'd posted this at another forum I am a member of and two replies I recieved were I should Install Win 7 rather than clone. The recovery software for the computer will only install on the original hard drive so I'd have to buy Win 7 and then try to install the drivers that want to install on the Hatachi drive. Also I am not sure what firmware the disk has, pretty sure I saw it some where in the computer but I can't find it again.

Carl2

44 REPLIES 44

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Ah, so you have an Hitachi HDD loaded with an OS and an Intel SSD loaded with a cloned OS from the Hitachi drive. So why was/is there a need to have two drives loaded with same OS?

As I said previously, you should uninstall the Intel controller from the SSD drive and that just might solve your problem. You could have tried it before ordering another Windows version.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Just looking at the Device manager, view- devices by connection and I have the Hatachi drive, the SSD, and the DVD. I'm worried about all 3 0f these devices not working once I uninstall the drivers. I agree it seems that the SSD should be moved to Standard AHCI which contains the correct driver for the SSD, msahci.sys. I'm really unfamiliar with this, I'd think it would be unplug from the motherboard and plug in at the standard input connectors. In bios for Advanced chipset features I have Intel EIST, Intel XD Bit, Intel VT all are enabled. Not sure what any of these are.

Carl2

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

First, the only reason you have the Intel controller is because you cloned the OS from your Hitachi drive. I don't see why you can't uninstall the Intel SATA AHCI controller--you don't need it.

Look in the manual for your motherboard for explanations of those BIOS questions. Intel VT is probably Intel Virtual Technology. You should read the motherboard manual and learn more about the BIOS.

If you are not using Virtual Technology, disable it. Here is an excerpt from the SSD Toolbox readme:

<!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1107304683 0 0 415 0;} @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-520092929 1073786111 9 0 415 0;} @font-face {font-family:"Neo Sans Intel"; panose-1:0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0; mso-font-alt:"Segoe Script"; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-format:other; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:3 0 0 0 1 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin-top:0in; margin-right:0in; margin-bottom:10.0pt; margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;} .MsoPapDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; margin-bottom:10.0pt; line-height:115%;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} -->

System Configuration Requirements for Intel SSD Toolbox

· Virtualized Environments are not supported

· Drives detected under Microsoft Windows* as SCSI are not supported

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Tried your suggestion, I uninstalled the driver for the Intel controller, restarted and recieved a notice to restart for changes to take effect. Restarted again and still recieved notice. Used restart later and checked the device manager, The drivers for the Intel controller changed, it now has 4 drivers the same as the Standard AHCI controller. Had to go into bios and check yes to resetting changes, for the reset notice to stop. The Toolbox still will not install. Disabled Intel VT in bios, toolbox not installing.

Carl2

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

You did not follow my suggestion, I said to uninstall the Intel SATA AHCI controller. I also gave you guidance on how to do that.

In Device Manager, right-click on the Intel SATA AHCI controller and select uninstall.