cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel X25 M and Toolkit 2.0 can't run Optmizer

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi , I have a Intel SSD 25M 80 GB G2 with firmware n° 2CV102HD but, when I lunch Toolkit 2.0 at tool "Intel SSD Optmizer" a raccomandid Action apper in red : "The VSS service is disable. The Intel SSD Optmizer requires the VSS service to be enabled to function property. See user guide for more information".

I'm working on XP SP3 .

What can I do to run the optmizer properly ?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

You need to start the Volume shadow copy service and set it to auto.

Do the following:

Run > services.msc > find "Volume shadow copy" and double click > click start > set "startup type" to Automatic > apply and close.

Now you should be able to run Optmizer.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Sorry, but I be able to find only this " MS Software Shadow Copy Provider" and it is start . I don't have " Volume shadow copy" or in italian it's in different word.

Can you help me again ?

Thanks.

L.O.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

It should be there you must of missed it?

The description is this:

"Manages and implements Volume Shadow Copies used for backup and other purposes. If this service is stopped, shadow copies will be unavailable for backup and the backup may fail. If this service is disabled, any services that explicitly depend on it will fail to start."

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Ok . Your description correspond in italian at this service :" MS Software Shadow Copy Provider" and now is set on START and AUTOMATIC, but the Optimizer don't work yet.